Fil de Cassons (2694 m) - bike & hike from Flims

Publiziert von Roald , 25. August 2019 um 09:21.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Surselva
Tour Datum:24 August 2019
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 7:30
Aufstieg: 1700 m
Abstieg: 1700 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (29 km)
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Vorab in Flims.

Cassonsgrat/Fil de Cassons is the highest area of Crap da Flem aka Flimserstein. The aerial cablecar to Cassons stopped operating a few years back, so now you either have to hike from Naraus or Bargis to get up there.

I started off with the mountain bike around 10:15 AM in Flims, heading up towards Fidaz and then Bargis. At the start, it was partially cloudy, but soon enough it became sunny. The road from Flims up to Bargis is paved all the way, and it has an average slope of 8%. This time I managed to bike all the way, even if it was not that fast.

After parking my bike in Bargis, I continued up on the adventurous wrw (white-red-white) marked trail towards Tegia Gronda. Next to the trail up to Tegia Gronda there is often a substantial vertical drop, but the trail is usually 1.5 m wide. Some people may consider this part of the trail T3, but for me it's more like T2.

Shortly after passing Tegia Gronda, there is a fork in the wrw marked trail. I followed the one in direction Mutta Bella. It is the most direct way to reach Il Fil P.2694, but just before the summit there is a short section T3. On the way I spotted both ptarmigans and marmots, and I saw a few Edelweiss flowers as well!

The view from Cassonsgrat/Fil de Cassons was great! There were quite a few clouds around, but the weather still seemed pretty stable. From a distance I saw quite a number of people at Il Fil P.2678, but when I got there they had all started their descent. There is a nice bench and that was perfect for my late lunch with a great view.

A little bit later I noticed a light rain shower in the Vorab area, so I started my descent right after the short break. For the descent I followed the other more westerly wrw marked trail back to Tegia Gronda (T2).

Later during the descent from Tegia Gronda to Bargis there was a light rain shower near Piz Sax. But after all the weather was quite stable, and I did not get a single drop of rain. Finally I had a quick bike ride back down to Flims.

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks

Remarks:
Please attached GPS track for more details on the route.

Biking: 6.2 km uphill, 6.2 km downhill (elevation gain/loss: 475 m)
The average slope is approx. 8% going from Flims up to Bargis.

Hiking: 16.5 km (elevation gain/loss: 1225 m)

Since my hike was mainly a T2, I used my water-proof sneakers instead of the heavy hiking boots.

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Bike & Hike

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»