Näbelchäppler (2445 m) - hike from Hinter Klöntal (Plätz)

Publiziert von Roald , 9. Mai 2020 um 22:27.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Glarus
Tour Datum: 8 Mai 2020
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GL   Glärnischgruppe 
Zeitbedarf: 8:30
Aufstieg: 1650 m
Abstieg: 1650 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (16 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Plätz. Free parking available.

Näbelchäppler (2445 m) - hike from Klöntal Plätz via Klönstalden, Hinter Schlattalp, and Chamm. Start of the hike at 8:40 AM.

The first 3 km of the hike followed the forest road past Klönstalden up to elevation 1150 m (T1). Next, I followed an unmarked but mostly visible and well maintained trail up to elevation 1840 m (T2). Further up I did not follow any trails (T3). After leaving the forest road it is fairly steep; the elevation gain is 1000 m over a distance of only 3 km. My route for the ascent went across P.2228 and P.2289. There were actually only a few snowfields which I had to cross on the way to the summit of Näbelchäppler. During the ascent, I could completely avoid snowfields in the steep west flank.

The weather was sunny and nice all morning, only with a few clouds. Thin clouds moved in shortly after noon, but the temperature at the summit was very mild and pleasant. Almost like a summer day. The views to surrounding mountains, and down to Klöntalersee was amazing! And I also spotted an eagle flying by! I spent about an hour at the summit.

According to the summit book, my visit was the 2nd of this year. Someone had been up there in early March, presumably on a ski tour.

I descended on a more southerly route, trying to take advantage of the remaining snowfields. But caution was advised as there could be holes under the snow in this limestone terrain. At elevation 1900 m I got back on the same route as I had used to go uphill.

On the entire hike, I did not meet any other people above P.1154 at the forest road.

Remarks:
Please see the attached GPS track for more details on the route.
Please be aware that on this route, there is very little or no mobile phone coverage, except for at the summit of the mountain.

Equipment:
- hiking sticks
- ice axe (not used)

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T5-
20 Jul 18
Milchplanggenstock via Heuzug · justus