Klein Glaserhorn (3074 m) - bike & hike from Fidaz

Publiziert von Roald , 6. August 2018 um 15:09.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Surselva
Tour Datum: 5 August 2018
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR   CH-SG 
Zeitbedarf: 9:45
Aufstieg: 1850 m
Abstieg: 1850 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track.
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Fidaz Waldrand (parking fee: 6 SFr for the whole day).
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Vorab in Flims.
Kartennummer:https://map.wanderland.ch/?lang=de&bgLayer=pk&season=summer&resolution=2.5&E=2743735&N=1195658

The plan was to hike to Glaserhorn (3128 m), but due to low clouds and patches of fog at noon, I ended up doing only "Klein Glaserhorn". There is no mountain with such a name in the online maps; the peak is just P.3074 (or P.3075 as it seems to have grown by 1 meter recently). But some fellow hikrs have named it Klein Glaserhorn, so I refer to it by that name as well.

I started off shortly before 7 am in the morning from Fidaz (near Flims). At the start, the weather was perfect with blue skies. I brought my mountain bike along, partially biking and walking the bike uphill to Bargis. There is also a bus which goes to Bargis, but the earliest one would only arrive there around 9 am. In Bargis I left my bike behind and continued on foot on the wrw marked trail in direction Alp Mora. At elevation 2000 m (Lavadignas Miez), I left the marked trail and continued straight up Val Lavadignas more or less following a path towards Alp Mirutta. However, due to the suckler cows at Lavadignas Miez, I had to make a substantial detour. These cows are very protective of their calves, and can be aggressive and even dangerous if you come too close to their calves. For the descent, I luckily did not have to make much of a detour to get around the suckler cows.

In a new approach to trail walking (no, I'm not really running anymore), I wore my waterproof sneakers all the way up to elevation 2700 m. Only there, I changed to real hiking boots. Not sure if it was worth it, because I carried the hiking boots in my backpack, which made it quite a bit heavier. But for the parts of the hike which is only T2 or barely T3, I find it much more comfortable to use sneakers. For the descent, I put on the sneakers again at elevation 2600 m.

This hike has a terribly long ascent; my estimate was that it would take me 5 hours to reach the summit of Glaserhorn. After 4 1/2 hours, as I was approaching elevation 3000 m just below Klein Glaserhorn, low clouds had moved in. Both Glaserhorn and Ringelspitz became hidden in the fog for a moment. Therefore I decided to climb Klein Glaserhorn first, then have lunch, and decide what to do next based on the weather. From the saddle northeast of Klein Glaserhorn, it's only 35 m elevation gain to the summit. But there is some climbing involved (I-II). I bypassed the most difficult climbing section on the north side. After a short break at the summit, I descended through the north flank back to the saddle. Then there is no climbing needed, but the north flank is steep and full of wet scree which is really slippery.

On the saddle northeast of Klein Glaserhorn, I enjoyed my lunch. There was barely any wind, and it was surprisingly warm at elevation 3000 m. As even darker clouds approached, I decided to start my descent without going to Glaserhorn. Anyway, I want to go there in perfect weather, so that I can take some nice pictures...

About an hour into my descent, the weather improved, and it became sunnier. I should have gone there after all!

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks
- Ice axe (not used)

Please attached GPS track for more details on the route.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»