Piz Blaisun (3200 m) via SSW ridge

Publiziert von Roald , 1. August 2017 um 23:31.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Albulatal
Tour Datum: 1 August 2017
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 5:30
Aufstieg: 900 m
Abstieg: 900 m
Strecke:Albula pass road P.2292 - SSW ridge - Piz Blaisun - small lake at elevation 2909 m - Blais Sterla - Albula pass road P.2292 (6 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car from Bergün to the Albula pass. Parking available in various places along the road (free of charge).
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Ladina in Bergün.

In most hike reports for Piz Blaisun, the routes are either via the north ridge, or via the east ridge. In this report I describe the ascent on the SSW ridge, which is the most direct way to reach the summit.

Start of the hike shortly before 10:00 at the Albula pass road (P.2292 on the newer maps). I ascended more or less directly up the grassy hillside towards the start of the SSW ridge. It is quite steep shortly before you reach elevation 2500 m (T3).

The actual SSW ridge starts at elevation 2700 m, where there is no grass anymore. The ground is covered with stones and scree, but it is actually quite easy to hike up (except that it is hard work). There was a path or path traces most of the way. Cairns also showed the way, but are not needed in good weather. You basically stay on the ridge all the way up to the summit. The difficulty is mostly T3. One place about a third of the way up where it is a bit steeper I would say it was T3+, and shortly before reaching the summit one area may be considered T4-.

After two hours of hiking I reached the summit, and the view was magnificent! But the wind was a bit too strong for an extended break at the summit. I took a few pictures, and then I looked for the summit book. But I couldn't find any. Next, I descended by walking and surfing down the scree to the west and the southwest to the small lake at elevation 2909 m (T4). There I enjoyed my lunch and a long break in the sunshine!

After the lunch break, I headed down through the scree (mostly T3). It was rarely possible to surf down in the scree anymore, because the grounds consisted of mostly bigger stones. Actually, many of the stones and rocks had interesting patterns.

I did not meet any other hikers on this trip (but from the summit I spotted two hikers at Fuorcla Pischa).

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks

Please see attached GPS track for more details.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4+
21 Nov 11
Piz Blaisun 3200 m · chamuotsch
T4 L
25 Jul 20
Piz Blaisun 3200 m · StefanP