Wildhuser Schafberg (2373 m) via south ridge

Publiziert von Roald , 24. Juni 2016 um 08:43.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » St.Gallen
Tour Datum:23 Juni 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4- - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: Alpstein   CH-SG 
Zeitbedarf: 7:00
Aufstieg: 1300 m
Abstieg: 1050 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Wildhaus
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:By aerial gondola from Gamplüt back down to Wildhaus

I started this hike in Wildhaus, and went up to the summit of Wildhuser Schafberg via the south ridge. From Schäferhütte (1552 m) I followed the ridge on the left side, and not the marked trail. There are some rather steep grassy sections, which were now even more difficult due to sheep poop... I would say it's better to follow the trail (which I did on the way down). From P.1852 on, I followed the south ridge directly up to the summit. It was very warm, so I did not really hike that fast.

The view from the summit was magnificent, especially since there were blue skies with only a few tiny clouds on the horizon.

During the descent I more or less followed the marked trail (red & white). There are still one or two snowfields remaining where the trail goes, but they do not pose any problems. They can be crossed or avoided.

Difficulties:
Ascent from Gamplüt to Schäferhütte on the trail: T3
Ascent from Schäferhütte on the ridge towards P.1852: T4-
Ascent from P.1852 on the south ridge to the summit: T4-
Descent on or near the trail: T3 (except for the snowfields)

Equipment: hiking sticks

Distance: Total hiking distance: 8 km

Remark: This hike can be shortened by taking the Gamplüt aerial gondola up or down, or both. I used it only for the descent.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 30453.gpx Wildhuser Schafberg (including the ride down with the Gamplüt gondola)

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»