Piz da Sterls 3114 m - bike & hike

Publiziert von Roald , 11. Juli 2015 um 12:22.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Surselva
Tour Datum:10 Juli 2015
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR   CH-SG 
Zeitbedarf: 11:00
Aufstieg: 2100 m
Abstieg: 2100 m
Strecke:Fidaz Waldrand - Bargis - Vadres - La Rusna - P.2106 - Surcruns - SSW ridge all the way up to Piz da Sterls
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Fidaz, parking at Fidaz Waldrand (cost: 6 Fr. per day)
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Same as for start point

A wonderful hike in perfect weather - just check the pics if you have any doubt!

Start in Fidaz at 8:00 (Fidaz Waldrand). I brought my mountain bike along, but I mostly walked the bike unless the terrain was flat. Left the bike at elevation 1890 m where the road ends. I continued up the red/white marked hiking trail to P.2106, then past Surcruns and slightly down to, and crossing  the stream at 2270 m. As noted by other hikrs, this is the last chance to fill up your water bottles before the ascent. After that to Ils Bots, and up along the SSW ridge all the way to P.2993. Here it is best to pass between the black rock and the gray rock. From there on the shelf to the snowfield. Here I made an encounter with a chamois (Gemse), who was not happy to have visitors. The animal ran away across the snowfield as fast it could. Next, I ascended the snowfield below and slightly to the left of a pointy rock formation, then continued on the ridge to the summit. Descent generally the same route as the ascent. By bike down from elevation 1890 m. Please see the GPS track for more details.

Equipment: Hiking sticks. They were primarily used for the descent, and otherwise only on the snowfield below the summit of Piz da Sterls.

Difficulties:
Just below P.2993 the terrain is rather steep, and using the hands is often needed. The rocks sticking up provide good support and grips though.
Currently the snowfield below the summit is still quite large, and the upper part is rather steep.
During the ascent, I approached the summit a bit too far on the left side at about 3070 m. The terrain is easier closer to the ridge where I descended.
A 3 m boulder makes up the highest point of the summit, and climbing (II?) is required. I need to use my knees cautiously and did not want to have to jump down, so I enjoyed the view from the slightly lower boulders.

Distances: Total distance: approx. 29 km, thereof:
by bike 12 km
hiking 17 km
I have attached the GPS track. During the ascent I made a couple of rather unnecessary detours. The descent is the more direct route.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T3 WS
13 Jul 19
Bargistal · ᴅinu
T3
17 Okt 21
Raschaglius · gurgeh