Kurzbericht 

Quick 3000 summit in the Wallis

Publiziert von matbor , 24. Juni 2011 um 11:49.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Wallis » Oberwallis
Tour Datum:30 Juli 2009
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-VS 
Zeitbedarf: 4:00
Aufstieg: 800 m
Abstieg: 800 m
Strecke:Chrizbode (2397m) - Jegihorn (3206m) - Chrizbode
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Bus from Visp to Saas Grund and cablecar to Chrizbode
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Bus from Visp to Saas Grund and cablecar to Chrizbode
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotels in Saas Grund Weissmies hut SAC

Eveline and me were looking for a quick 3000m summit to be done in one day without having to wake up too early. Today's choice was the Jegihorn!
From Chrizbode we followed the horrible path (prepared for alpine skiing in Winter...) to the Weissmies hut, via p.2526 and p.2596. From the hut we continued to the small bridge and immediately turned left, passing p.2725 till we arrived at the intersection at p.2730. Here we started the ascent to the Jegihorn always following the white-blue-white alpine trail. The path turns around the mountain and reaches the summit coming from west. After a short break to enjoy the wonderful panorama (especially the view direction Saas Fee is incredible), we descended following the same way till p.2730. Here we continued on our right along one of the several small rivers forming the Triftbach and soon we were again at Chrizbode.

The Jegihorn is not a difficult 3000 summit. Till p.2730 the path, depending on the chosen variant, is T2-T3. Afterwards it becomes T4 with easy climbing passages (I) disseminated along the trail. I never had the impression that it was somehow dangerous.

Most of the people choose the famous Via Ferrata to climb the Jegihorn. This is an advantage for the few hiker, who prefer the normal route! The great view from the summit can anyway be enjoyed!

Tourengänger: matbor

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

T4+ K3+
K4
18 Aug 14
Jegihorn Klettersteig · Stijn
T4
25 Sep 18
Jegihorn (3206m) · Alpenorni
T4