Round Alp Sigel

Publiziert von olethros , 24. November 2020 um 09:52.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Appenzell
Tour Datum:22 November 2020
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3+ - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-AI   Alpstein 

I decide to go and try going around Alp Sigel and maybe climbing up to Bogartenluecke and going up to the ridge. There was rather a bit more snow than I expected, even from the beginning. I had packed poles, axe and crampons. The most useful thing was the poles this time, since the paths were not very steep but the snow was a bit slippery. 

When nearing Alp Sigel, it was really sunny and warm, and I had a leisurely stroll to Obere Mans. Then I tried to approach Bogartenlucke. The north slope was not very steep up to the pass, however the path to the pass was a mix of rocks, ice and snow and quite slippery. I debated putting the crampons on, but it didn't seem as though they would help much on this terrain. I climbed a bit higher and the path seemed to get even steeper. (I guess I'd rate it a T5). The drop was not necessarily deadly, but given that the other side was even steeper I was not feeling adventurous enough to try this. Nevertheless, it was a nice place to sit and have a snack.

So I went back down the north side to Wasserauen and climbed up the low pass Obere Leugangen back to the starting point. This last bit was a bit of a slog and not so interesting. This time I had my boots on the off-chance I'd use crampons, and I sorely missed my inov-8 running shoes when going down. They are both more comfortable and have a better grip.

Tourengänger: olethros

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»