Piz Padella (2855 m) & Pizzatsch (2882 m)

Publiziert von Roald , 13. Oktober 2019 um 18:17.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberengadin
Tour Datum:13 Oktober 2019
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 5:15
Aufstieg: 1250 m
Abstieg: 700 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (9 km)
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:With the aerial cable car from Marguns to Celerina, then by bus back to Samedan. Included with the Engadin card, which you get for free in the summer season if you stay at least two nights in a hotel in the area.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Alpenhotel Quadratscha in Samedan.

Piz Padella (2855 m) is a mountain peak west of Samedan. A white-red-white (wrw) marked trail goes to the summit.

I started the hike at 8:35 AM in Samedan. I followed the signs in direction Margunin and Piz Padella. The trail goes fairly steep uphill through the forest. At Margunin there is a great view to surrounding mountains. The final ascent to Piz Padella is quite steep and exposed in some places (T3). It was quite windy at the summit of Piz Padella, and for some time it was partially cloudy.

After a short stop at the summit, I continued off trail on the rugged ridge to Pizzatsch (2882 m). It didn't seem far away, but it took me 20 min to reach. A little bit of climbing is needed, and it goes up and down over and over again. I tried to stay on the ridge, but sometimes I had to make detours in the south flank. The rocks have sharp edges, so the gloves where not only good against the cold. Overall I would rate this part of the tour as follows: hiking  T4-, climbing I.

For the descent I chose to hike down the steep south flank. In the upper part the slope is 40°. Caution was needed, and it was a bit tricky to find the best way. The terrain is mix of scree, rocks, and grass. Overall the maximum difficulty was T4.

Further down I enjoyed my lunch in the sunshine before heading off trail to Marguns, where I took the aerial cable car back down to the valley.

Remarks:
Please see the attached GPS track for more details about the route.
Equipment: hiking sticks.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T3 L I
7 Jul 17
Piz Ot , Piz Padella · gabri83
T3+ L I
5 Aug 17
Piz Ot e Piz Padella · ser59
T2
T3+
30 Sep 11
Piz Padella 2857 m · chamuotsch
9 Mär 22
Skitour an einem herrlichen Märztag von Samedan zum Piz... · Heidelberger Gipfelsammler Ötzi II

Kommentar hinzufügen»