Sightseeing around Kistenstöckli (2748 m) in perfect weather!

Publiziert von Roald , 11. November 2014 um 22:50.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Surselva
Tour Datum:18 Juli 2014
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3+ - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GL   CH-GR   Bifertengruppe   Hausstockgruppe 
Zeitbedarf: 8:30
Aufstieg: 1350 m
Abstieg: 1100 m
Strecke:20 km
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Brigels, chair lift to Burleun

The weather in Switzerland during the summer of 2014 was not great, but the 18th of July was definitely one of the absolutely best summer days. Warm weather and blue skies all day long! Perfect hikr weather!

I started the trip at the parking lot at the lake in Brigels (Lag da Breil), right by the chairlift station. The chairlift is operational during the summer, and you can even bring along your mountain bike for free! The chairlift transported me (and my bike) to Burleun at about 1680 m. Then I followed the road up to Alp Quader (1906 m), where I left the mountain bike behind. After that I followed the trail in direction Bifertenhütte (mountain lodge). After a short stop at Bifertenhütte, I hiked to the top of Kistenstöckli. The view from Kistenstöckli is breathtaking, due to it's unique location.

After visiting Kistenstöckli, I took a "detour" towards Limmerenpass, and then I returned to Bifertenhütte for a late lunch in the sunshine. Then I took another detour to Falla Lenn to check out the view towards Muttenstock. After that I followed the trail back to Alp Quader. It was a good idea to bring the bike along, cause (as expected) the chairlift had stopped running by the time I got back there. With the bike I was down in Brigels in no time (the road is paved).

The GPS track is attached and covers the entire hike of 20 km, but not the ride down with the bike. The total hiking time was 8 h 30 min.

The only part of the hike which may be considered T3+ is the last part of the ascent to the summit of Kistenstöckli, but it is nicely secured with chains to hold on to. The rest of the hike is T3- (off the main trails) or even T2 on the main trails.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 22968.kmz

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T3+
19 Okt 22
Kistenpass mit Kistenstöckli · rhenus
T3