Pointe de Cray via refuge Les Choucas

Publiziert von olethros , 26. Juni 2013 um 18:16.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Waadt » Waadtländer Alpen
Tour Datum:26 Juni 2013
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4- - Alpinwandern
Hochtouren Schwierigkeit: WS-
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-FR   CH-VD 
Zeitbedarf: 4:00
Aufstieg: 1100 m
Abstieg: 1180 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Train from Montreux
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Train to Montreux
Kartennummer:1245

Climb (1100m, 2.5 hours)
Chateau d'Oex (958m), via Refuge Les Choucas.

Descent (1180m, 1.5 hours)
To Rossiniere (891m).

I wanted to do this hike running whenever possible, so I packed light and only made small pauses. For a normal hiking pace, add 50% more time.

The normal route is steep, but easy (T2). I however followed the alternate path to the Refuges les Choucas, rather than the normal way through les trois fenils. This had multiple steep rock sections with ladders or secured with chains, where the use of hands was necessary, hence the T4-. A relatively flat path, crossing a few gulleys and streams, and occasionally secured with chains, leads west to the main road. 

Unfortunately, soon one encounters another difficulty: flocks of sheep. These make the path... 'muddy'.

On the final approach to Pointe de Cray I climbed on a moderate grass slope on the south side rather than mingle with the hordes of sheep via the SE/E approach. Numerous clouds were climbing up from the north over the pass, before dispersing on the south side, so the view was not very clear. In any case, the grass was great for a lie down.

The descent was easier, in some sense. No technical parts, though the correct path was unclear. I think I went down through Monte Dessus, but the path was mostly through fields and so not very interesting. 

Rossinere is home to a quite ancient chalet, which I admired for a couple of minutes.

PS. Sorry about the picture quality, they are from my rather mediocre phone. I did say I was going light!

Tourengänger: olethros

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»