Marwees - Freiheit - Hundstein

Publiziert von 360 Pro , 2. Juli 2007 um 22:02.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Appenzell
Tour Datum: 1 Juli 2007
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T5 - anspruchsvolles Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: II (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-AI   Alpstein   CH-SG 
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:cff logo Wasserauen
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:cff logo Sax, Rofisbach

Wasserauen - Bogartenlücke - Marwees - Widderalpsattel - Freiheit - Hundstein -Hundstein SAC - Bollenwees - Saxer Lücke - Sax

If you decide to hike on Marwees on a sunny summer Sunday, you won't be the only one... However, the Appenzell classic is always worth while visiting. The long ridge gives you a marvelous view to Bodensee and the Alpstein. For me Marwees wasn't the main goal today - it was "just" a means to an end. My primary goal was Freiheit.

From Wasserauen I hiked together with lots of other hikers to Bogartenlücke, Marwees and along the ridge to Widderalpsattel. There I left the crowds and climbed up into the gorge between Freiheit and Hundstein, following the gorge all the way to it's end. To get to the summit of Freiheit, you climb up a narrow groove (II), and then you follow the red marks all the way to the summit. Even though not quite as high, Freiheit is definitely on a par with Hundstein in terms of a beautiful peak in the Alpstein region. One big advantage: Freiheit is way less crowded than Hundstein.

In order to get to Hundstein from Freiheit you take the same way back to the end of the gorge and from here you climb a relatively easy step (10m, II) and then without problems to the summit.

From Hundstein I followed the blue/white marked path to Bollenwees and from there via Saxerlücke down to Sax.

Tourengänger: 360

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T6- II
T6- II
14 Aug 14
Marwees, Freiheit und Hundstein · carpintero
T5+ II
21 Aug 14