Dos d'Ane

Publiziert von olethros , 24. Mai 2023 um 07:48.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Neuenburg
Tour Datum:23 Mai 2023
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-NE   CH-VD 
Zeitbedarf: 2:30
Aufstieg: 800 m

This is the fourth time I've been here recently, and the first time it was not thoroughly wet, so I decided to climb over the ridgeline. The ground still relatively wet, but the rocks were dry, so not too slippery overall.

At the parking lot just before the Ferme Robert, there is a small sign 'Chemin de Chomeurs'  behind which lies the path to the ridge. The path is clearly visible, and there are some markings. There are apparently three ways to climb onto the ridge. The first one looks like a II climb, the second one is looks like a I climb, and is marked with two red markings on trees. However, the path traces further south and then you can climb even more easily on mostly walking terrain.

After that it is rather steep walking uphill through the forest. There are some boulders on either side, which you can choose to climb if you want for variety. Most of the time you can be close to the left side to have nice views and the opportunity to climb. However, as far as I can tell, you can bypass all rock obstacles. A little bit of easy scrambling is inevitable, but it is possible to maintain the difficulty at T4.

The first major pinnacle can be bypassed through two long chimneys, one descending and one ascending, as also suggested by the markings. I did not try to climb over that part, I am not sure if there is a way through, or what the difficulty is.

The second major pinnacle is the crux. There are two horizontal markers on the rock. The climb to the top seems doable (I-II), but there is no obvious way down the other side. I also circumvented this one. After this, one can see a natural hole in the rock.

The third major pinnacle can be climbed with an easy scramble, or can be circumvented down a steep slope through mud and rock. I did both, but climbing to the pinnacle was actually easier and more satisfying.
Afterwards, the markings suggest going down again, but there is a clear path on the ridge.

Then it is an easy walk to the panorama point, and a quick jog down the 'path of the 14 turns' back to Noiraigue.

This is a hike I am certain to try again to explore the ridgeline a bit more, now that I am more familiar with the terrain.

Tourengänger: olethros

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T5-
T5- II
13 Mär 23
Creux du Van via Dos d'Ane · pade
T5-
T5 II