Gumenstock (2255 m) - hike from Klöntalersee

Publiziert von Roald , 26. April 2020 um 19:02.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Glarus
Tour Datum:24 April 2020
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3+ - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GL   Oberseegruppe 
Zeitbedarf: 6:30
Aufstieg: 1550 m
Abstieg: 1550 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (10 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to P.830, just 200 m before Klöntalersee. A few parking spots available next to the road (free of charge).

Gumenstock (2255 m) - hike from Klöntal via Pauliberg and Auerenalp Mittelstafel. Start of the hike at 8:00 AM.

The first half of the hike followed an unmarked but easily visible and very well maintained trail. The difficulty is generally T2-T3.  The most difficult part of the trail is at elevation 1200 m. Steep and exposed, but nicely safe guarded with ropes. There I would rate it T3+. Also in Heulöchli at elevation 1700 m the difficulty is T3+.

From Auerenalp Mittelstafel up through Unter Gumenloch. There was quite a bit of snow left, but it was generally possible to stay off the snow. In the steeper part towards the summit mainly brown grass. Max difficulty T3+. If you want to stay exactly on the ridge then shortly before the summit one place is T4-.

According to the summit book my visit was the 3rd of this year. Two other visits were recorded earlier this month.

A bit windy at the summit, so after the photo break, I descended to Auerenalp before having my lunch break. The descent was quite fast thanks to the remaining snowfields (which during the ascent I had avoided as much as possible).

I did not meet any other people above the small huts at elevation 1550 m.

Remarks:
Please see the attached GPS track for more details on the route.
Fast pace during the ascent, at least for me (740 m elevation gain in the first hour).

Equipment:
- hiking sticks
- ice axe (not used)

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»