Muntognas digls Lajets (2791 m) - snow shoe hike

Publiziert von Roald , 24. Januar 2020 um 21:28.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberhalbstein
Tour Datum:24 Januar 2020
Schneeshuhtouren Schwierigkeit: WT4 - Schneeschuhtour
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 7:00
Aufstieg: 1150 m
Abstieg: 1150 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (10 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to the southern end of the Marmorera lake. Possibilities for parking at the quarry.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Solaria in Bivio.

Great snow shoe hike to the northern summit of Muntognas digls Lajets, with start and end at the southern end of lake Marmorera.

Start of the hike shortly after 9 AM. The temperature was around -3°C. I followed the snow covered forest road up in the direction of Alp la Motta. After a distance of about 600 m, I took a left turn and followed a trail towards Caschegna (no sign posts). I didn't mount the snow shoes before getting up there.

Further up the terrain gets steeper, and there was a lot of powder snow. Luckily I could follow an old ski track up the hillside, otherwise it would have been quite a struggle. There must have been a group of skiers in the area earlier this week.

Above Leg Radond, shortly before elevation 2600 m, there was a short stretch where the slope was 35°. But that was fine, cause there was not much snow, and I had a good grip. For the descent I went further south where it is less steep.

I ascended to the top of the ridge and followed it in the direction of P.2791. In some places it was tricky. Generally, above elevation 2700 m the wind-blown snow does not stick to the hard snow below. In one traverse I even had to use the ice axe to be on the safe side.

The view from the summit was great, please check out the pictures!
The summit book from ivo66 is 3 years old, but only a few pages have been filled so far.

Equipment:
- Alpine snowshoes
- Hiking sticks
- Ice axe (barely used)

Remarks:
The avalanche risk was "1 - low". Due to the steep terrain, I would not recommend this tour if the avalanche risk is higher.
Please see the attached GPS track for more details on the route.
I did not meet anyone on the entire tour.

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Schneeschuhtouren

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»