Chöpfenberg (1896 m) from Wägitalersee

Publiziert von Roald , 9. Januar 2016 um 19:10.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Schwyz
Tour Datum:29 Mai 2014
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GL   CH-SZ   Oberseegruppe 
Zeitbedarf: 6:45
Aufstieg: 1200 m
Abstieg: 1200 m
Strecke:Innerthal - Sännegg - Heuboden - Gwürz - Schwarzenegg - Schwarzenegghöchi - Trepsen - Scheidegg - Dürrenbüchel - Chöpfenberg - Dürrenbüchel - Scheidegg - Trepsen - Schwarzenegghöchi - Schwarzenegg - Gwürz - Heuboden - Sännegg - Innerthal (total distance: 14 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car or public transportation to Innerthal.
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Same as start point.

On this day the weather was not perfect, but I was eager to start the hiking season, so I decided to go anyway. My choice fell on Chöpfenberg (1896 m), close to Wägitalersee.

From Innerthal to Scheidegg I followed a marked trail. Below Bockmattli this trail was very muddy, like it seems to be most of the time. From Scheidegg I pretty much had to find the way through the forest without any trail or path to follow, but that was not very difficult. After P.1587, I traversed the steep grassy hill below Chöpfenberg in the general direction of the summit. In some places this grassy hill is at least 45° steep.

After reaching the rock wall, I proceeded in westerly direction until I reached the place where I thought I had to climb up. But it was 40-50 meters too early, and I had an extra 30 min of climbing up to a place which was basically a dead end and down again (T5/II). But at least from up there I could see where I should have gone in the first place. I have not considered this irregular detour in the rating of the hike.

After getting back down again, I quickly found the start point of the path leading up to the summit of Chöpfenberg. It is not an officially marked trail, but easy to follow (if the start point is found). Climbing sections are safeguarded with ropes/wires, so the difficulties do not exceed T4/I in my opinion.

The descent was uneventful, except that while I passed through the forest close to Scheidegg there was a brief rain shower.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T5 II
25 Mai 14
Chöpfenberg Ostgrat · Daenu
T4
5 Apr 24
Chöpfenberg · miCHi_79