Hike to Piz Segnas (3099 m) and Piz Sardona (3056 m)

Publiziert von Roald , 20. November 2014 um 22:07.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Surselva
Tour Datum:15 August 2013
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4+ - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GL   CH-SG   Segnas-Vorabgruppe   CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 10:30
Aufstieg: 1800 m
Abstieg: 2500 m
Strecke:25 km
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Flims, chair lift to Naraus
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:By foot down to Flims

Piz Segnas and Piz Sardona offer magnificent panoramic views and are relatively easy to access from the southwest side of Piz Segnas (if the snow is gone).

First I took the chair lifts Flims - Foppa, then Foppa - Naraus, where my hike started at about 09:15 in the morning. A bit late, but the lifts only start operating at 09:00. From Naraus I followed the trail past Muletg Veder and La Siala up to Muletg da Sterls. The ascent to Piz Segnas followed the route depicted in one of the photos. However, the better choice is the slightly different route I used for the descent. I would give the routes the rating T4+ as I experienced it almost without snow cover. Hiking sticks were quite helpful, both uphill and downhill.

The hike from Piz Segnas to Piz Sardona is easy and doesn't seem much of a distance (2 km), but the way back and forth took me longer than expected. First reason is I stopped too often to take pictures. Secondly, even if it seems almost flat, you keep going uphill and downhill repeatedly. Third, most of the hike between the peaks is after all above 3000 m elevation.

It was so nice to be up there that I was still on the summit of Piz Segnas at 16:00, and there was no way I could make it back for the last chair lift run from Naraus (17:30). So I had to hike all the way back down to Flims on foot. This cannot really be recommended at the end of an already long hike.

Unfortunately, no GPS track exists from this hike, otherwise I would have attached it.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»