Wissberg (2627m) in June

Publiziert von Roald , 13. November 2014 um 23:31.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Obwalden
Tour Datum:21 Juni 2014
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-OW   CH-UR 
Zeitbedarf: 7:00
Aufstieg: 1600 m
Abstieg: 800 m
Strecke:11 km
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Parking lot at the Fürenalp cable car station (1084 m)

I started this hike on the parking lot at the Fürenalp cable car station (elevation 1084 m). From there I walked back down the road a few hundred meters to reach the start of the hiking trail going up towards Undrist Stafel and Fürenalp. After about 1 h 40 min I reached Vorder Füren, and continued straight up towards the summit of Wissberg. The first part is like an endless grassy hillside - from Vorder Füren you have about 500 m elevation gain before you reach the rocky part of Wissberg! Up there the trail is also easy to follow (blue-white markers and cairns). However, towards the end the terrain is really quite steep and challenging (T4) with loose stones and small climbing sections (I). I had to be very careful not to make any stones start rolling downhill. All in all, it took me 3 h 30 min to reach the top of Wissberg, including many brief stops to take pictures. There were only a few other hikers on Wissberg that day.

From the top of Wissberg, I hiked down on the ridge towards Stotzigberg. I wanted to take a closer look at the possible routes to Stotzigberg, but came to the conclusion that it would be too difficult (T5). And the crampons I had left in the car. There was also a bit of fog coming up from the eastern side of Stotzigberg.

After a nice lunch break I hiked back down to Fürenalp, where I took the cable car down to the valley.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 22985.kmz

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4
31 Okt 11
Wissberg (2627m) · أجنبي
T3