Speer - The highest conglomerate mountain in Europe

Publiziert von 360 Pro , 29. August 2007 um 19:31.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » St.Gallen
Tour Datum:15 August 2007
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: II (UIAA-Skala)
Klettersteig Schwierigkeit: K1 (L)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: Speerkette   CH-SG   Speer-Mattstock   Zürcher Hausberge 
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:cff logo Krummenau
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:cff logo Amden, Post

Together with a friend from a flat part of this world, who is not very experienced in climbing mountains, I went up to the highest conglomerate mountain in Europe.

We started in Krummenau and wanted to take the cable car up to Wolzenalp, but unfortunately after the summer holidays they only run on weekends, so we had to walk up Wolzenalp and from there we hiked via Wannenspitzli, Bütz to the fixed rope route up to Speer.

The fixed rope route was almost too much for my friend, because it was his first real outdoor climbing, and, even though it is considered an easy fixed rope route, it is hard to look down if you’re not used to mountains - especially if it is the first real exposure to drops like this. However, we took it easy and he did very well. On top he was proud to have done it.

We were rewarded with an excellent view deep into the Swiss and Austrian Alps and probably some Italian mountains too; we could also see across Lake Konstanz to Germany. 

For the way down we decided to take the common and easy route to Amden via Oberchäseren and Durschlegi where we enjoyed another very nice view

Krummenau – Wolzenalp – Wannenspitzli – Bütz – Fixed rope route to Speer – Oberchäseren – Blaggenboden – Durschlegi – Amden

Tourengänger: 360

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T5
18 Jun 23
Speer · kopfsalat
T5
6 Jul 13
Eine geballte Ladung Speer · Bergamotte