Leidbachhorn (2907 m) - hike from Sertig

Publiziert von Roald , 1. September 2019 um 15:52.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Davos
Tour Datum:31 August 2019
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T5- - anspruchsvolles Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 6:45
Aufstieg: 1200 m
Abstieg: 1200 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (10 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Sertig Sand (parking fee 1 Fr. per hour, max 10 hours).
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Bünda in Davos.

Leidbachhorn (2907 m) is a mountain just west of Sertig (Davos area). The neighboring mountain Älplihorn is more well known and more often visited.

Start in Sertig at 8:30 AM. I followed the unmarked trail up towards Alpeli (T2). The start of this trail is a bit difficult to find. From Alpeli I proceeded in northwesterly direction below Älplihorn. At elevation 2620 m, there is a path (T3+) which enables the descent through the scree towards Lidbachfurgga. But this involves an elevation loss of nearly 100 m. I tried to traverse a bit in the steep scree, but it was impossible. I had to descend further down. Finally the ascent up to Lidbachfurgga can be more easily accomplished in steep grass (T4-).

From Lidbachfurgga I hiked up along the ridge towards P.2876 (T4). For some reason I went too far beyond P.2876 in westerly direction - that was a dead end. P2876 needs to be bypassed on the east side. Back on track, I followed the ridge with all its rock towers, and ups and downs towards the summit. Mostly I bypassed rock towers on the east side, but sometimes on the west side. Apparently I did not have an immediate sense of the easiest route, cause for me this was clearly a T5-. Probably it can be a T4+ if you know, and follow the optimal route.

Amazingly, the summit book on Leidbachhorn is from 1977, so it has been up there for 42 years already! And it is only two thirds full!

On the way down, I followed the same route until past Lidbachfurgga. Then I headed off trail directly for Sertig, and later I followed some trails in the lower part of the descent. I almost made it back to the car before the rain started, but the last five minutes of the hike it was pouring down, so I got a bit wet after all.

Equipment: hiking sticks.

Please see the attached GPS track for more details about the route.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T5-
29 Jul 19
Gar ke leidi Sach, das Horn vom leide Bach! · Voralpenschnüffler
T4
11 Okt 08
Einsame Gipfel in der Heimat... · MunggaLoch