Piz Traunter Ovas (3151 m) - hike from the Julier pass

Publiziert von Roald , 17. August 2019 um 21:58.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberhalbstein
Tour Datum:17 August 2019
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 8:30
Aufstieg: 1200 m
Abstieg: 1200 m
Strecke:See waypoints, partial GPS track and picture with a map (13 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to La Veduta on the Julier pass road. Designated parking area exactly where the trail to Fuorcla d'Agnel starts.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Solaria in Bivio.

Piz Traunter Ovas (3151 m) is a colorful mountain north of Piz Surgonda. Like on Tschima da Flix, the rocks often have a reddish, sometimes even orange color.

Start of the hike at 8:40 AM at the Julier pass road (La Veduta). I followed the white-red-white marked trail in direction Fuorcla d'Agnel. After the pass, I continued down on the marked trail until elevation 2870 m, where the west ridge to Piz Traunter Ovas starts. Technically the ridge is fairly easy to hike up, but there is a lot of loose scree and small rocks (T3-T4). One spot is steeper than the rest and quite a struggle to get up (T4).

At the summit of Piz Traunter Ovas, the view to surrounding mountains was fabulous. Especially the colors of the rocks on Piz Traunter Ovas itself, and on Tschima da Flix were amazing. Then there is the glacier just north of Piz Surgonda, and a turqoise colored small lake below Vadret d'Agnel. All together a fantastic scenary!

I descended on the SSW ridge to Fuorcla Traunter Ovas (T4-). On the way down I spotted a couple of male ibex. They didn't really care about my presence, and stayed where they were. I descended from Fuorcla Traunter Ovas in direction SE, and continued across the flat area towards Fuorcla Margun. From there I hiked down past Fuorcla Alva and then I mainly followed an unmarked trail back to the Julier pass road.

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks

Remark: At some point the GPS tracking app paused by itself, so the recorded track is only partial.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 45678.gpx Only partial track!

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»