Piz Forun (3051 m) - bike & hike from Bergün

Publiziert von Roald , 3. August 2019 um 22:26.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Albulatal
Tour Datum: 3 August 2019
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 8:45
Aufstieg: 1800 m
Abstieg: 1800 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (28 km)
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Ladina in Bergün.

Piz Forun (3051 m) is a mountain peak NW of the Kesch hut. The peak is not visited very often. The summit book is already 33 years old, but it still has one third of the space available!

This tour was a bike & hike, and I started off with my mountain bike in Bergün. After 1 hour 15 min I reached Chants where I parked my bike. It's only 7.5 km distance, but there is also an elevation gain of 450 m. And I don't have an e-bike. From Chants I continued on foot on the wrw marked trail up to the Kesch hut (1 hour 40 min), where I took a short break. Next I headed for Piz Forun. The apparently easiest way is to ascend the steep grassy hillside south-east of P.2880 (T4). After that, my route continued on the ridge until I reached the summit. Shortly before the summit there is a little bit of easy climbing necessary. After 4.5 hours total bike & hike time I finally reached the summit of Piz Forun!

The weather was a mix of sun and clouds; actually more cloudy  than I had expected. But the view to surrounding mountains was still great! On top of the mountain it was pretty cold and windy though. I had to use both the winter hat and the gloves.

For the descent I followed the same route. From Chants it was a pretty quick and easy bike ride down to Bergün.

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks

Remarks:
- Please see the attached GPS track for more details on the route.
- There were quite a few hikers on the trail between Chants and the Kesch hut, but I did not meet anyone on my hike from the Kesch hut to the summit of Piz Forun.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4
31 Jul 22
Piz Forun 3052 m · StefanP
SS
28 Feb 14
ECO Freeride - Kesch · tricky