Hirzer (2781 m) & Hönigspitz (2695 m)

Publiziert von Roald , 13. Oktober 2018 um 22:36.

Region: Welt » Italien » Trentino-Südtirol
Tour Datum:12 Oktober 2018
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4- - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: I   Sarntaler Alpen 
Zeitbedarf: 5:00
Aufstieg: 900 m
Abstieg: 900 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (7.5 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:With the Hirzer aerial cable cars from Saltaus (490 m.a.s.l) up to Klammeben (1980 m.a.s.l). Price for a return ticket when having the Meran GuestCard: 16 Euro.
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:With the Hirzer aerial cable cars from Klammeben back down to Saltaus.

Hirzer and Hönigspitz are two mountain peaks northeast of Meran. Marked trails go to both peaks, but the trail on the west ridge of Hönigspitz was not indicated on any signposts (or I did not see it). The hike to Hirzer has already been described a number of times here on hikr.org, but at least this is the first report in English, and with a GPS track.

I followed the marked trail (E5) from Klammeben past Hirzerhütte to the summit of Hirzer. The steepest part of the ascent to the ridge is secured with chains (T3+). Then the trail continues in the southeast flank of Hirzer (T3). The view from the summit was magnificent, despite some patches of fog. After a short break, I continued to Hönigspitz, where I enjoyed my lunch. Next, I descended along the west ridge of Hönigspitz following the marked and easily visible trail (T4-).

Please see the attached GPS track for more details on the route. The total time given for this hike includes about half an hour lunch break.

Equipment: Hiking sticks

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentare (1)

Kommentar hinzufügen

MTM hat gesagt: Additions
Gesendet am 24. September 2023 um 21:13
Hey Roland,
Thanks for the gpx and your report. I did the tour today and can add some information. From hirzerscharte you have a marked trail going down a bit again below the ridge before you climb up to hirzer summit. On our way back we took the direct way over the ridge which In the beginning has a clear path after descending hirzer again. The ridge has one short II section of around 2 meters and some maybe I sections. I would give it a T4+ but it's kind of shortish and fully optional.
Best regards

Kommentar hinzufügen»