Rossfallenspitz (2632 m) - bike & hike from St. Margrethenberg

Publiziert von Roald , 27. Juli 2018 um 11:09.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Calanda
Tour Datum:26 Juli 2018
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR   Calanda   CH-SG 
Zeitbedarf: 9:45
Aufstieg: 1700 m
Abstieg: 1700 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (26 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to St. Margrethenberg. Parking near the ski lift (free of charge).
Kartennummer:https://map.wanderland.ch

This hike covers the four peaks Stelli (2052 m), Brotjoggli (2115 m), Berger Calanda (2270 m), and last but not least Rossfallenspitz (2632 m).

Start of the tour at 7:30 in the morning from St. Margrethenberg. First with the mountain bike on the paved road to Fürggli (P.1333 in the online maps). Then on the unpaved forest road towards Alp Marola; here I mostly walked the bike. From Alp Marola to P.1614 there is a marked trail, which in part is quite steep. Not only did I have to walk the bike, but sometimes I even had to carry it. However, this awkward passage through the forest is only a distance of about 200 m. At P.1614, I got onto the nice forest road (from Untervaz) which goes up to Alp Salaz.

At Alp Salaz, I parked my bike, and continued on foot towards the summit of Stelli (T2). Next, I headed for the peak with the funny name Brotjoggli. The descent from Stelli involves an elevation loss of nearly 100 m, before it goes up again. Generally, the ascent to Brotjoggli is a T3. At the very end it gets pretty steep if you go straight for the minor northern summit (T4-). Alternatively you may traverse on the left side (T3).

After Brotjoggli comes the traverse in the NE flank below Berger Calanda. My route was at about elevation 2100 m. Mostly I would say it's a T3+, but in some places rather T4-. Finally, there is a crack in the Berger Calanda east ridge at elevation 2130 m, which allows an easy access (T3) to the SE flank. Then without any difficulties to the top of Berger Calanda (T2), and further towards Rossfallenspitz (T3). Another hiker with his dog was at the summit of Rossfallenspitz, but he left about half an hour before I got up there. The last part of the ascent to Rossfallenspitz is rather steep (T4), but many different possibilities exist. The bedrock was rather slippery due to a fine layer of dust or sand, and the scree was unstable. The easiest route may be to go more to the left where there is more grass (but I did not try this option).

The view from the summit of Rossfallenspitz was great, and there was a nice breeze! The summit book is very well protected. There is a modern steel case attached to the cross, and inside this steel case is an older metal box with the book.

At the start of my descent, I spotted a giant rock tower down below Rossfallenspitz on the west side. It must be at least 100 m tall.

During the descent, I followed the wrw marked trail below Brotjoggli and Stelli (on the east side) to get back to Alp Salaz.

I refer to the attached GPS track for more details on the route.
The total time indicated for this hike includes 45 min break at the summit.

Equipment:
- hiking sticks

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Bike & Hike

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»