Chrachenhorn (2891 m) - hike from Sertig

Publiziert von Roald , 29. August 2017 um 22:55.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Davos
Tour Datum:29 August 2017
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4+ - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 7:00
Aufstieg: 1100 m
Abstieg: 1100 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (14 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Sertig Sand (parking fee 1 Fr. per hour, max 10 hours).

Start of the hike around 9 o'clock in Sertig. I followed the white-red-white marked trail in direction Fanezfurgga. The Ducan valley is really scenic, and the weather was picture perfect with blue skies and not a single cloud! I spotted a few marmots on the way.

From Fanezfurgga, I hiked up along the Chrachenhorn NE ridge, close below the rock walls and towers. Further up I ascended to the top of the ridge. Here I spotted a few ibex (females, kids) down below.

At the summit I enjoyed a nice lunch break. It was warm enough to just wear a T-shirt. The summit book is from the year 2001, but only a third of it was used so far.

From the summit of Chrachenhorn, I hiked on the SE ridge to P.2865. This involved some climbing here and there (I or I+ perhaps). At P.2865, I figured out that continuing on the ridge would be rather difficult (T5, II?), and I instead descended towards Fanezfurgga by surfing down the rubble and scree.

From Fanezfurgga, I followed the marked trail back to Sertig.

Difficulties:
Sertig Sand - Fanezfurgga: T2 (maybe T3 in very few places)
Fanezfurgga - Chrachenhorn: T4-
Chrachenhorn - P.2865: T4+, climbing grade I (perhaps I+)
P.2865 - Fanezfurgga (through the rubble and scree): T4
Fanezfurgga - Sertig Sand: T2 (maybe T3 in very few places)

Please see attached GPS track for more details on the route.

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks

Remark: On this hike I brought my running shoes in the backpack. I wanted to use them for the descent on the marked trail (T2), cause I always felt that the big and heavy hiking boots are an overkill on such an easy trail. In the end I must say it worked very well. From Fanezfurgga back down to Sertig Sand I used the running shoes, an it was much more comfortable to descend than with the hiking boots.

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: English

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T5 WS+ III
T4
21 Jul 21
Chrachenhorn 2891 · leuzi
T3+