Pizza Naira and Aroser Rothorn

Publiziert von Roald , 25. September 2016 um 15:15.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Lenzerheide
Tour Datum:24 September 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4+ - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 7:30
Aufstieg: 2000 m
Abstieg: 600 m

I started out in Lenzerheide, hiking up towards Alp Sanaspans on the marked trail. During the first part through the residential area I had some difficulty finding the right way, but eventually I made it onto the trail to Alp Sanaspans (T2, maybe T3 in a few places).

From Alp Sanaspans on the marked trail in direction Ramozhütte (T2). At elevation 2500 m I left the marked trail, and went up to Piz Mez following the south ridge (T3). There were quite a few Edelweiss flowers in that area. From the summit of Piz Mez I headed towards Pizza Naira and ascended up to Pizza Naira on the west ridge (T4). At the beginning it is rocky and steep, but with good grips. Further up it is steep scree, but some path traces are visible.

From Pizza Naira I descended on the steep north ridge (T4+, climbing I). There were patches of fresh snow (not frozen), but that didn't really make it much more difficult. The main difficulty is that many of the rocks are loose, and grips and steps have to be carefully tested out. At the beginning of the descent I stayed slightly on the east side of the ridge, and further down I stayed slightly on the west side or exactly on the ridge. During the descent I spotted a few rock ptarmigan (german: Alpenschneehuhn).

Next, I headed towards Aroser Rothorn following old white-red-white trail marks (T3). Somewhere on the way I spotted two female or young ibex. The sun seemed to shine left and right, but not exactly on the mountain range where I was. Nevertheless, the view was great, and I enjoyed my lunch somewhere between Pizza Naira and Aroser Rothorn.

From Aroser Rothorn I had the pleasure to descend on the north-west ridge together with Ueli who had hiked up from Arosa. Overall the difficulty of the descent on the north-west ridge was in my opinion T4. The path is generally visible, and it is also marked with red dots along the way.

Since I still had some time left before the last aerial cable car down to Lenzerheide, I also payed a visit to Älplihorn (T3) and Parpaner Rothorn east summit (T2). Finally I rode down to Lenzerheide with the aerial cable car and the gondola.

Total hiking distance: 13 km

Equipment: hiking sticks (which I actually did not use).

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»