Piz d'Emmat Dadaint (2928 m)

Publiziert von Roald , 30. Juni 2018 um 20:08.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberhalbstein
Tour Datum:30 Juni 2018
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T5- - anspruchsvolles Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 7:00
Aufstieg: 900 m
Abstieg: 900 m
Strecke:See waypoints and (partial) GPS track (11 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to the Julier pass road. Parking at P.2081 (parking available for 2-3 cars).
Kartennummer:https://map.wanderland.ch

Start of the hike shortly before 8:00 in the morning. The weather was perfect with bright blue skies. I followed the wrw marked trail from P.2081 at the Julier pass road past Leg Grevasalvas, and all the way up to Fuorcla Grevasalvas. Meanwhile some clouds had moved in, so it was not always bright sunshine anymore.

From there, I headed directly up the Piz d'Emmat Dadaint east ridge. The start may look difficult, but it isn't really very difficult. Later it gets more tricky, and after 300 m distance I could not proceed on the ridge. I did not see a way how I could get over or around the last rock towers on the ridge. Too difficult and even many of the bigger rocks didn't seem to be very stable. Instead I descended on the south side, and hiked up the south flank to get back up to the ridge after passing the rock towers. Overall I would rate this adventure on the ridge T5-/I.

About 200-300 m distance before I reached the summit, the GPS tracking app stopped working, so I don't have a complete GPS track for this tour. At the summit, there is a big cairn, but I didn't find any summit book. Maybe it was hidden too well? I proceeded to the highest point over the short but exposed ridge, and back again (T5-/I). Then I enjoyed my lunch just below the summit with a great view to the south and down to the lake Lej da Segl/Silsersee.

For the descent, I tried to surf/slide down on remaining snowfields in the east flank. Even if there is not that much snow left anymore, I probably stayed on snowfields for 2/3 of the distance down to the marked trail.

On the way back I had close encounters with a marmot, a frog, and even a snake.

Equipment:
- Gaiters (not used, but I got a little bit of snow into my boots, so I should have used them)
- Hiking sticks
- Ice axe (not used)

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 40680.gpx (the track covers the ascent until 200 m before the summit, then the GPS tracker stopped working)

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»