Piz da las Coluonnas (2961 m) - before the thunderstorm

Publiziert von Roald , 6. Juli 2019 um 20:58.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberhalbstein
Tour Datum: 6 Juli 2019
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3+ - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 5:30
Aufstieg: 950 m
Abstieg: 950 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (9 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to the Julier pass road. Parking at P.2081 (parking available for 2-3 cars).
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Romana, Savognin

Piz da las Coluonnas is mountain peak directly south of the Julier pass. The highest point is at 2961 m, but the online maps seem to indicate that P.2802 is the peak with the name Piz da las Coluonnas, so I added it as a waypoint.

I started my hike shortly after 9 AM. The weather was nice and sunny, but the weather forecast had predicted thunderstorms in the afternoon. So I kept a close eye on the weather. At the beginning of the hike I followed the wrw marked trail up to Leg Grevasalvas. The lake had a wonderful turqouise color. Next, I headed up the mountain on the east side of the lake. In some places there are small cairns, but there are many possible routes. Difficulty max: T3+. First stop was P.2802. The remainder of the route up to P.2961 is still largely snow covered, but I tried to stay off the snow as much as possible during the ascent.

From the summit at P.2961, there is a great view to surrounding mountains like Piz Lagrev, Piz Polaschin and Piz Julier, but also down to Leg Grevasalvas. According to the summit book, the mountain is quite popular with skiers in the winter. I was apparently the first hiker of the season to go up there.

For the descent, I tried to surf down on the remaining snowfields as much as possible. I enjoyed my lunch with a view to Leg Gravasalvas, and after that I continued back down to the Julier pass road. Luckily there was still no sign of thunderstorms, they actually came two hours later or so.

Equipment: hiking sticks.

Remarks:
- Please see the attached GPS track for more details on the route.
- I did not meet any other hikers on this tour, except for at Leg Grevasalvas.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T5- I
T4+
22 Jun 18
Piz d'Emmat Dadora (2850 m) · Roald
ZS-
15 Mai 16
Piz Lagrev, 3109 m · roko
WS+
6 Apr 24
Skitour Piz d'Emmat Dadora · rhenus
WS+
3 Mai 20
Piz da las Coluonnas (2961m) · Schneemann
ZS-
5 Mär 23
Skitour an einem Traumtag Anfang März von La Veduta zum Piz... · Heidelberger Gipfelsammler Ötzi II
T5- I
17 Jun 22
Piz Neir (2909 m) · Roald

Kommentar hinzufügen»