Näfels - Rautispitz; a long return trip

Publiziert von 360 Pro , 25. Januar 2008 um 07:18.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Glarus
Tour Datum:23 Januar 2008
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Schneeshuhtouren Schwierigkeit: WT2 - Schneeschuhwanderung
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GL   Oberseegruppe 
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:cff logo Näfels-Mollis
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:cff logo Näfels-Mollis

Rautispitz is the prominent peak right above Näfels. It offers an excellent view in all directions. If you take the long way up via Sulz and Sulzboden it’s safe even if the avalanche risk is high. Usually people drive up to the Obersee or use the (private) bus service and start their tour there.

I decided to start my tour in Näfels and walk all the way, and since there was a lack of snow up to Obersee, I decided to make it a snowshoe tour - I didn’t feel like carrying my ski up to Obersee and back down again…

At Obersee there was snow on the ground, but I only put the snowshoes on at Sulzboden. From there I followed the street to Sulz and Rautihütten. I then walked up the Rautialp to the saddle between Wiggis and continued to the summit of Rautispitz along the south. For my way down I took more or less the same path.

I left Näfels at dawn and was back when it was dark already, made approximately 35 km of distance and around 1850m altitude difference (up and down of course) and had to make all the tracks in the fresh snow - so you can imagine I was pretty tired after this roundtrip to Rautispitz, but it felt very good at the end.

Näfels – Brandhüttli – Obersee – Oberseestafel – Sulzboden – Sulz – Rautihütten – Rautispitz and back

Tourengänger: 360
Communities: Schneeschuhtouren

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 138.kml Rauti

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»