Kurzbericht 

Up and down from the Schafberg

Publiziert von matbor , 14. Mai 2011 um 12:01.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » St.Gallen
Tour Datum:13 Mai 2011
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4- - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: Alpstein   CH-SG 
Zeitbedarf: 7:00
Aufstieg: 1970 m
Abstieg: 1970 m
Strecke:Wildhaus (1084m) - Flürentobel - Wildhuser Schafboden - p.2069 - Wildhuser Schafboden - Flürentobel - Gamplüt - Schäferhütte - Schafberg (2373m) - Gamplüt - Wildhaus
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Bus to Wildhaus Post
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Bus to Wildhaus Post
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotels in Wildhaus

It was one of those days where you immediately realize that you have to be very lucky to see anything once you are on the top. The fog was creeping up the mountains and the sun could only rarely be seen.
I started in Wildhaus following the path through the Flürentobel up to the Wildhuser Schafboden. I encountered the first snowfields at 1900m. Two hours after start I reached p.2069. From there I observed that the south-east face direction p.2197 was still fully covered with snow. Since I was on my own and since I did not really like that day's snow consistency I decided not to continue. I jogged down 700m back to Flürentobel and from there I continued to Gamplüt to ascend the Schafberg from south-west via Schäferhütte. From Gamplüt I finally reached the summit in two hours, meaning early afternoon. As guessed in the morning because of the fog I could not see anything... The way back via Gamplüt to Wildhaus took me 1h 15 min.

The path via Wildhuser Schafboden is signed as an alpine trail. The classification T4- applies starting from 1980m. Before I did not encounter any difficulty. To avoid some snowfields I also did some easy climbing (I). The very steep way via Schäferhütte is T3. Because of the high humidity and the thawing snow the terrain was extremely slippery!

Except for the weather I liked this Alpstein tour a lot. I could observe many marmots and chamois.

Tourengänger: matbor

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden