Pizzo Erra

Publiziert von brunoz , 20. Oktober 2009 um 10:55.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Tessin » Bellinzonese
Tour Datum:13 August 2009
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-TI   Gruppo Pizzo Molare 
Zeitbedarf: 4:45
Aufstieg: 855 m
Abstieg: 855 m
Strecke:Monte Angone - Frageira - Tre Croci - Gannone di Fiell - Pizzo Erra
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Driving along motorway [2] (E35) you get out at the Faido exit and then head south on the National road [2]; just after Lavorgo you turn left on a steep and narrow road (indications to Calonico and Sobrio); after a few more winds you will find indications (left) to Monte Angone which will be reached briefly.
Kartennummer:CNS 1273 Biasca 1:25.000

This summit is located along the long ridge between Val Leventina and Valle di Blenio. The starting point is the tiny village of Monte Angone, in Val Leventina. A moderately steep path departs direction north to a group of houses called Frageira; here you turn right through the houses until you meet a wide track you will have to follow for quite a long while; you will gain altitude very slowly, but in change you will enjoy splendid views of the opposite side of Val Leventina, Pizzo Forno first of all. After a couple of winds you will reach some workers barracks (attending maintenance of a vast area between the barracks and the ridge fitted with avalanche barriers). This place is called Gannone di Fiell. At this point I litterally missed out a red-painted arrow on a block indicating a turn to the right and walked ahead to a tiny snowfield where all tracks seemed to disappear. I could guess the ridge and decided to climb the slope, a mixture of large blocks and slippery rubble getting steeper at each step. Not too amusing, but Toto didn't mind it. One way or another I reached the ridge and could finally identify Pizzo Erra's summit, quite close on my right (i.e. south-east). We got there in a bunch of minutes just to be surrounded by something like thirty goats, somewhat aggressive (I seriously believe they didn't like Toto). We were forced to reduce to practically zero our permanence on the summit and went down the opposite way, stopping for a quick meal just underneath so we could enjoy the splendid view: all of Valle di Blenio with the glorious Rheinwaldhorn and, on the opposite side, the upper portion of Val Leventina with the Gotthard peaks in the distance. Going down now the path was more or less visible; actually it somehow does go through the avalanche barriers, but there are no signs and the path itself is not at all evident, so at some point it may get a touch uncomfortable. Anyway all you need to know is that you should head back to where the barracks are, so you just keep on descending and ultimately you will get there (that's when I spotted the arrow I had missed earlier). Onwards the descent is obviously just a long walk back to Monte Angone.
All considered I would say that ascent would require something like two-and-half hours; then maybe two hours for getting back to your car.       

Tourengänger: brunoz

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»