Pizzo di Alzasca

Publiziert von Arbutus , 14. September 2009 um 17:55.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Tessin » Locarnese
Tour Datum:13 September 2009
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3+ - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-TI   Gruppo Pizzo Cramalina 
Strecke:Someo - Capanna Alzasca - Pizzo Alzasca - Lago Alzasca - Btta Doia - Zanin
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Bus from Locarno.
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Bus from Vergeletto.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Capanna Alzasca.

From Someo, cross the Maggia river and follow the signs to Capanna Alzasca. At some point, you can choose between a longer 3h30' route and a shorter 3h route, which is the one I picked. At the hut, take the direct trail to Corte di Cima and join the Cevio trail to Btta Cansgei. Pizzo di Alzasca is on your right hand side: if you carefully pick your cross-country route up the slopes, you'll quickly reach the false summit (2261m). The main summit (2262m) is not far, but be careful. First walk on the knife-edge ridge (with a killer drop on either side). As you reach the base of the rocky slab that leads up to the main summit, drop down to the right as much as you need in order to easily and safely ascend the rocky slabs on your left-hand side, then just follow the grassy slopes to the summit and enjoy a great view of the Valle Maggia mountains and the Campo Tencia area. Downclimb back to Btta Cansgei, drop to Lake Alzasca, and continue up and over scenic Btta Doia before dropping all the way to the bottom of Valle di Vergeletto (there are several options; I picked the trail to Alpe Doia and Zanin).

Note: Pizzo di Alzasca is supposedly a T5, and that's probably what it is if you climb up the big rocky slab. If you follow my directions, however, it's just a T3+ walk-up (but you still need to be careful, because there are several cliffs one can fall off of). Avoid at all costs if the weather isn't perfectly dry.

Tourengänger: Arbutus

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»