Chli Gumen (2247 m) - snow shoe hike from Klöntalersee

Publiziert von Roald , 2. Januar 2020 um 22:11.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Glarus
Tour Datum: 2 Januar 2020
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Schneeshuhtouren Schwierigkeit: WT4 - Schneeschuhtour
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GL   Oberseegruppe 
Zeitbedarf: 7:30
Aufstieg: 1525 m
Abstieg: 1525 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (11 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Klöntalersee. A few parking spots are available just after you pass Vorderer Ruestelchopf.

I started this tour at Klöntalersee at 8:15 AM, following the white-red-white trail up towards Obere Scheiterböden. Starting at elevation 1100 m, there was snow cover. The snow was relatively hard, but I could follow the footsteps of someone who hiked there a few days ago. I only mounted the snow shoes above Lochstafel at elevation 1600 m. East of Lochstafel a small wet avalanche has come down a few days back, so I felt safer that the snow has now already settled. This would otherwise be a tricky area to pass through. In the morning this area was still difficult in spots due to the steep terrain and hard frozen snow.

Next, I passed P.1757, and descended to Seeboden in soft powder snow. This descent involves an elevation loss of 60-70 m. Seeboden is really a trap for cold air. I continued past Alp Dejen to Auf den Schijen, and up to the Chli Gumen S ridge which I followed to the summit. There is not much snow in the steeper parts of this route, so avalanche risk was not really a topic.

From the summit of Chli Gumen, the view was fantastic! I enjoyed my lunch before heading back the same way.

-----

Total hiking distance: 11 km (1525 m ascent, 1525 m descent)
Please see the mini map or GPS track for more details on the route.

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks
- Alpine snow shoes
- Crampons (not used though)

PS. I did not meet any other people on this trip, except near or at Klöntalersee. According to the summit book on Chli Gumen, the last visitor was there on 23-OCT-2019. From the summit of Chli Gumen, I spotted a snow shoe hiker on Breitchamm, who proceeded to the summit of Schijen.

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Schneeschuhtouren

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»