Winter hike to Schijen (2259 m) and Chli Gumen (2247 m)

Publiziert von Roald , 22. Dezember 2016 um 21:49.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Glarus
Tour Datum:22 Dezember 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4- - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GL   Oberseegruppe 
Zeitbedarf: 7:45
Aufstieg: 1800 m
Abstieg: 1800 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Klöntalersee. A few parking spots are available just after you pass Vorderer Ruestelchopf.

Definitely a winter hike when considering the date, but not really winter conditions. Except maybe at Klöntalersee, where the grass was frosted over. Further up it was pure sunshine, and not very much snow, except in the shady areas.

I started out at Klöntalersee, following the white-red-white trail up to P.1739 (hikr waypoint) - Obere Scheiterböden. It was all easy and free of snow. (T2)

Then I continued more or less on that same trail to "Auf den Schijen". On the north side of
P. 1739, the trail was covered with hard snow, but it was a little bit softer on top, and I still had a good grip.

From "Auf den Schijen", I ascended on the SW ridge and later S ridge towards Chli Gumen. (T3+)

After enjoying my lunch just below the summit of Chli Gumen, I continued towards Schijen. First down to elevation 2000 m between the peaks, and then more or less straight up towards the summit of Schijen. Luckily, in the steepest section it was a bit rockier, cause the grass was difficult to ascend. (T4-)

After a short photo break at the summit of Schijen, I started my descent on the SW ridge towards Breitchamm. About half-way to Breitchamm, I descended to the south. The long brown grass proved a bit tricky, as it was slippery without being wet. Further down I could enjoy some snow surfing cause the stripes of snow had become a bit softer in the sun. (T4-)

After that, back on the same trail where I came. Caution was needed in some areas due to all the leaves on the trail.

Total hiking distance: 12 km (1800 m ascent, 1800 m descent)
Please see the mini map or GPS track for more details.

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks
- Ice axe (barely used)
- Crampons (not used)

PS. I did not meet any other hikers on this trip. According to the summit book on Schijen, the last visitor was there on 05-NOV-2016.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»