Frunthorn (3029 m) - hike from Zervreila

Publiziert von Roald , 21. September 2019 um 08:46.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Valsertal
Tour Datum:20 September 2019
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 7:30
Aufstieg: 1250 m
Abstieg: 1250 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (11 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Zervreila. Big parking lot free of charge.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Bed & breakfast Schnider in Vals.

3x first: My first time ever in Vals, first time at the Zervreila dam, and first time on Frunthorn.

Start of the hike at 9:15 AM at the big parking lot next to the Zervreila restaurant. I crossed the hydropower dam and hiked up towards Fruntstafel. A couple of signs warned about herding dogs, but the sheep and their herding dogs were no longer there. Shortly after Fruntstafel I headed up the steep hillside (T3) in the direction of Dachberg. Further up I headed more or less straight for Frunthorn. The final ascent to Frunthorn was a little bit more difficult (T3+). Great view from the summit! I spent nearly an hour up there.

During the descent I decided to also hike to Dachberg. On the way down from Frunthorn I spotted four ibex who curiously looked at me from above. My ascent to the ridge west of Dachberg is indicated in one of my photos (T3+). Next, I traversed in the north flank and ascended to the summit of Dachberg from the north side (T4, at least for a short distance). The descent from Dachberg in easterly direction via P.2832 was then at most a T3+.

Finally I headed back down towards Fruntstafel and then the same way as I came in the morning. All in all a great hike in perfect weather!

Remarks:
Please see the attached GPS track for more details about the route.
The total time given for this hike includes a lunch break of nearly one hour.
After passing the hydropower dam, I did not meet or see any people on the entire hike.

Equipment: hiking sticks.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4
T3+
1 Aug 22
Frunthorn, 3.029m · Andi75
T4 I