Piz Müsella (2896 m) - hike from Dürrboden

Publiziert von Roald , 1. September 2019 um 13:48.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Davos
Tour Datum:30 August 2019
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3+ - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 8:30
Aufstieg: 1700 m
Abstieg: 1700 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (18 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Dürrboden. Parking available (free of charge). The road to Dürrboden is paved all the way, but only one lane wide for the last 6-7 km.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Bünda in Davos.
Kartennummer:https://s.geo.admin.ch/840544e562

Piz Müsella (2896 m) is a rather unknown peak between Piz Kesch and Piz Vadret. So far, two hikes from Susauna to Piz Müsella were described here on hikr.org, but this is the first report where the starting point is Dürrboden. Even if the mountain does not reach 3000 m, the view is great in all directions!

From Alp Funtauna there is actually an unmarked path which leads up to P.2330. On the way back down I was unable to find this path though, mainly because I started looking for it too high up. The terrain on the Piz Müsella north ridge is a bit rugged, but if it becomes more difficult than T3+, then you are probably not following the easiest way up. During the ascent I stayed mostly on the east side, and during the descent I stayed more on the west side. Either way is fine.

On the way back there was a little bit of rain just before I reached Dürrboden. After the hike I enjoyed a nice early dinner at the restaurant in Dürrboden before I drove back to Davos.

Route: On the wrw marked trail from Dürrboden up to the Scalettapass and down to Alp Funtauna (T2). Then mostly off trail from Alp Funtauna up on the north ridge to the summit of Piz Müsella (T3+). Same way back.

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks
- Waterproof running shoes which I used for most of the hike on the marked trail. The hiking boots were mainly used off trail.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»