On the ridge from Wengahorn (2848 m) to Mingalunhorn (2965 m)

Publiziert von Roald , 29. Juni 2019 um 21:33.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Avers
Tour Datum:29 Juni 2019
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 6:30
Aufstieg: 1000 m
Abstieg: 1000 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (10 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to the village of Juf. Big parking lot free of charge just before entering the village.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Gasthaus Alpenrose, Innerferrera.

This hike covers the peaks Wengahorn, Schinetahörner, Juferhorn, and Mingalunhorn, and the tour goes on top of the ridge between these peaks.

Start of the hike at 9:00 AM in the village of Juf. After a short sightseeing round in Juf, I headed up the NNE flank towards Wengahorn (T3). There was no summit book at the summit of Wengahorn, and the metal box and the lid were just laying around there.

On the ridge between Wengahorn and Schinetahörner P.2882, there are at least two spots which require a little bit of climbing. Difficulty: hiking T4, climbing I. (It may be possible to bypass these two spots in the flank, not quite sure). Between the two Schinetahörner peaks, the terrain is very easy (T2). At the start of the ascent to Juferhorn comes one tricky exposed spot (T4, I). After that the ridge up to Juferhorn is easier than it looks like from far away. Difficulty: T3+. The descent from Juferhorn towards Mingalunhorn also has one spot which is slightly more difficult, perhaps T4-. The ascent to Mingalunhorn is then not more than T3+.

At the lowest point between Juferhorn and Mingalunhorn  I enjoyed my lunch, and took about half an hour break (included in the total time given for this hike). It was quite hot in the sunshine, even at elevation 2900 m.

For the descent I "surfed" down on remaining snowfields from Mingalunhorn/Juferhorn all the way down to elevation 2400 m. It was quite pleasant to descend this way, even if the snow was in many places too soft.

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks
- Ice axe (not used)

Remarks:
- Please see the attached GPS track for more details on the route.
- I did not meet any other hikers on this tour, except for down in the valley.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»