Wiggis (2281 m) - hike from Klöntal via Pauliberg

Publiziert von Roald , 25. November 2018 um 21:28.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Glarus
Tour Datum:25 November 2018
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3+ - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GL   Oberseegruppe 
Zeitbedarf: 7:30
Aufstieg: 1600 m
Abstieg: 1600 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (12 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to P.830, just 200 m before Klöntalersee. A few parking spots available next to the road (free of charge).
Kartennummer:https://map.wanderland.ch/?lang=en&bgLayer=pk&season=summer&resolution=5&E=2719911&N=1212345

Wiggis (2281 m) - hike from Klöntal via Pauliberg and Auerenalp Mittelstafel. Start of the hike at 7:45 AM. The temperature was around freezing. For the first hour I was in the shade, but after that it was sunny.

The first half of the hike followed an unmarked but easily visible and very well maintained trail. The difficulty is generally T2-T3.  The most difficult part of the trail is at elevation 1200 m. Steep and exposed, but nicely safe guarded with ropes. There I would rate it T3+. Further up I spotted numerous chamois, but I did not get any good picture of them.

At Auerenalp Mittelstafel, the unmarked trail meets a white-red-white marked trail. Shortly thereafter there is a fork, where the white-blue-white (wbw) marked trail to Wiggis starts. This wbw marked trail goes across a small ridge to Oberes Bützi where it continues up pretty steep all the way up to the rock wall. There were numerous ibex in the area. After passing beneath the rock wall, the trail continues to the right hand side. After that you see Wiggis for the first time on this route, and it's only about 15 min more to the summit. Generally, I would rate the wbw trail T3.

The view from Wiggis was great, but there was a cold wind blowing. After quickly signing in to the summit book, I hiked down to the viewpoint called Höchnase. Afterwards I found a spot between Höchnase and Wiggis where it was less windy, and there I enjoyed my lunch.

When I passed across the main summit of Wiggis on my way back, I met several other hikers who just arrived. So after all, I was not the only one today, just a bit earlier than usual.

For the descent I chose exactly the same route as for the ascent. A bit further down it was actually quite nice and mild temperatures in the sunshine. But just before I reached the car, the fog came up towards Klöntalersee.

Please see the attached GPS track for more details on the route.

Equipment:
- hiking sticks
- ice axe (not used)

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»