Mattjisch Horn (2460 m) - bike & hike from Langwies

Publiziert von Roald , 18. November 2018 um 00:11.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Schanfigg
Tour Datum:17 November 2018
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 6:00
Aufstieg: 1300 m
Abstieg: 1300 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (18 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Langwies. There is a big parking lot (free of charge) on the right hand side approx. 200 m to the east of the village.

Mattjisch Horn (2460 m) has been described here on hikr.org a number of times already, but I think this is the first time as a bike & hike report.

Start of the tour in Langwies shortly before 9:00 AM. I followed the forest road from Langwies all the way up to P.2079 (Seta), mostly walking the bike. The first 2.5 km of this forest road is paved (from Langwies up to P.1671). After that the road is unpaved and it has quite a bit of loose gravel and stones. Towards the end the road gets a bit better though.

At P.2079 (Seta), I left the bike behind, and continued on foot. Generally I followed the wrw marked trail. The steep slope down from P.2213 to Blackter Fürggli was covered with snow, so the descent was a little bit tricky. But I could literally walk in the footsteps of others who had hiked there while the snow was soft. Now the snow was hard frozen.

For the rest of the ascent across Blackter Flüe to Mattjisch Horn, there were a couple more north facing slopes with snow cover. But these slopes were less steep and didn't cause any problems. Otherwise the route was generally free of snow, as it is mostly facing the south.

At the summit of Mattjisch Horn it was cold and windy, so I decided to have my lunch break further down during the descent. The route for my descent was exactly the same as for the ascent.

Please see the attached GPS track for more details on the route.

Equipment: hiking sticks

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Bike & Hike

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»