Gantspitz (1970 m) - hike from Ochsenboden

Publiziert von Roald , 9. September 2018 um 21:28.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Schwyz
Tour Datum: 9 September 2018
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3+ - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-SZ   Östliche Sihltaler Alpen 
Zeitbedarf: 5:15
Aufstieg: 1025 m
Abstieg: 1025 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (8 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Ochsenboden; until the end of the golf course. Free parking just before the bridge which goes across the river.

Gantspitz (1970 m) is a peak south of the Fluebrig massif, and it may for example be accessed via the ridge from Turner (>T5). However, I chose the easy ascent from Ochsenboden on an unmarked trail to Alp Wäni, and then off trail via Ganthöchi to the summit of Gantspitz. The most difficult part was in an area around elevation 1700 m (T3+).

After my lunch break at the summit, I descended through the SW flank (T3+), and at elevation 1700 m I traversed to the south on a sheep path to where I had ascended.

I refer to the attached GPS track for more details on the route.
The total time indicated for this hike includes about half an hour lunch break at the summit.

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks

Many thanks to Nobis for the *report from 2012, which was very useful for my tour preparation.

Please be aware that this hike may not be possible later in autumn or in the winter. There is an artillery testing range south of the golf course, and this year, exercises may take place on or after 16-Oct-2018.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T3 WS ZS
20 Mär 22
Gant unbegant · Polder
T3+
14 Jul 12
Gantspitz im Sihltal · Nobis