Corn Alv (2992 m) and Piz Campagnung (2825 m)

Publiziert von Roald , 3. November 2017 um 21:36.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberhalbstein
Tour Datum: 3 November 2017
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3+ - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Hochtouren Schwierigkeit: L
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 7:15
Aufstieg: 1050 m
Abstieg: 1050 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (12 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to La Veduta on the Julier pass road. Designated parking area exactly where the trail to Fuorcla d'Agnel starts.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Solaria in Bivio.
Kartennummer:https://map.wanderland.ch

This was a really nice hike in picture perfect weather with blue skies and not a single cloud! Amazing weather and mild temperatures given that we are already in November.

Start of the hike at 09:15 at the Julier pass road (La Veduta). The temperature was about -2°C, but as soon as I started hiking it felt much warmer in the bright sunshine. Initially I followed a marked trail, but later I pretty much hiked off trail in the general direction of Fuorcla Alva. The ridge from P.2865 up towards the summit of Corn Alv was mostly covered with hard snow, so I used my crampons for about 200 m of the ascent (and later for the descent as well).

The view from the summit of Corn Alv was amazing! Even if this mountain narrowly misses the 3000 m elevation mark, the view is fantastic. Corn Alv is really in the midst of the other mountains in the area, so you have a great view in any direction.

The orange summit book which ivo66 placed there two years ago still has a lot of space. Only 8-9 pages are filled so far.

After the descent from Corn Alv, I had some time left. I chose to visit Piz Campagnung. It offered a nice view as well.

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks
- Crampons
- Gaiters
- Ice axe

Please see attached GPS track for more details on the route.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4
30 Dez 15
Piz Surgonda, 3196m · RainiJacky
WS
14 Jan 18
Piz Campagnung, 2826 m · roko
WS-
26 Dez 18
Piz Campagnung 2826m · Bergmuzz
WS+
20 Feb 24
Campagnung (2825m) · Pasci
T3+
2 Mär 23
Skitour von der Julierpassstraße zum Piz Campagnung und zwei... · Heidelberger Gipfelsammler Ötzi II

Kommentar hinzufügen»