Felsberger Calanda (2697 m) - bike & hike from Unterkunkels

Publiziert von Roald , 9. September 2017 um 12:02.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » St.Gallen
Tour Datum: 8 September 2017
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: Calanda   CH-GR   CH-SG 
Zeitbedarf: 8:15
Aufstieg: 1850 m
Abstieg: 1850 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (21 km, thereof 14 km hiking and 7 km by bike)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Vättis and then towards Kunkelspass. Parking available free of charge near Unterkunkels just before the driving ban sign.

Start of the hike in Unterkunkels at 08:30 in the morning. With the mountain bike I followed the road towards Kunkelspass. This road is paved all the way. Somewhere past Oberkunkels as it became steeper, I mostly walked the bike.

Near Kunkelspass, I left my mountain bike behind, and continued on foot up the white-red-white marked trail in direction "Calanda Hütte SAC". Currently the trail has a lot of loose dirt, because the cows have been brought down to the valley just a couple of days ago. After about an hour of hiking and 600 m elevation gain, I reached Taminser Älpli. Next, I left the marked trail and ascended to the first peak of the trip, Taminser Calanda (2390 m). From there I followed the ridge towards Güllenchopf (2556 m). Between Taminser Calanda and Güllenchopf I came across a big male ibex - quite impressive! It barely moved and clearly had no intention to leave the area. On the other hand, some female ibex with young ones fled even if I was still several hundred meters away.

Near the summit of Güllenchopf  I could observe the ravens' airshow; there were probably about 50 of these birds around. Finally I approached Felsberger Calanda. Shortly before the summit of Felsberger Calanda, comes the most difficult section which is T4. But it is only 15-20 m long, and not very difficult in dry conditions.

The summit book at Felsberger Calanda is from the year 2010, and about two thirds full. Three other hikers had visited the summit before me on this day, but they had already left when I arrived.

For the descent, I generally followed the same route, but I skipped the summit of Güllenchopf by traversing in the NW flank (following path traces).

Difficulties:
Kunkelspass - Taminser Älpli: T2
Taminser Älpli - Taminser Calanda: T2
Taminser Calanda - Güllenchopf: T2/T3
Güllenchopf - Felsberger Calanda: mostly T3, but one short section T4

Please see attached GPS track for more details on the route.

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Bike & Hike

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4 L
19 Okt 22
Uf em Calanda landa · Polder
T5 III
25 Aug 16
Calanda + · tricky
T4
18 Sep 19
Felsberger Calanda · Frangge
T1
20 Nov 23
Kunkelspass, 1063 m · roko
T2
5 Nov 21
Kunkelspass, 1357 m · roko

Kommentare (4)

Kommentar hinzufügen

erico hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 10. September 2017 um 08:26
Hollo Roald
Schöne Tour mit schönen Bildern!, auch ein schönes Bild mit dem Graubündner Wappentier ist Dir gelungen. Ich hätte noch eine Frage, ich habe einmal gehört, dass mit einer von jedem käuflichen Sonderbewilligung mit dem Auto bis auf den Kunkelspass gefahren werden kann, stimmt das? ich hatte mir früher auch schon Gedanken gemacht vom Kunkelspass aus eine Tour zu starten.
Gruss erico

Roald hat gesagt: RE: Kunkelspass
Gesendet am 10. September 2017 um 08:42
Hallo erico,

Vielen Dank! Ich bin ja von Vättis kommend nur bis zum Fahrverbot kurz vor Unterkunkels gefahren, und habe dort parkiert. Eventuell ist es aber möglich mit Sonderbewilligung auf den Kunkelspass hochzufahren, siehe: http://www.hikr.org/tour/post112790.html

Gruss,
Roald

Roald hat gesagt: Fahrbewilligungen Kunkelspassstrasse
Gesendet am 10. September 2017 um 09:44
Weitere Infos, wenn man von Tamins kommt:
http://www.tamins.ch/sites/news/amtliche_publikationen.html?news:view=details&id=1115

erico hat gesagt: RE:Fahrbewilligungen Kunkelspassstrasse
Gesendet am 10. September 2017 um 12:38
Vielen Dank Roald!
Gruss erico

Kommentar hinzufügen»