Piz Sarsura Pitschen (3134 m) - hike from Dürrboden

Publiziert von Roald , 8. August 2017 um 20:49.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Davos
Tour Datum: 7 August 2017
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Hochtouren Schwierigkeit: L
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 9:15
Aufstieg: 1300 m
Abstieg: 1300 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (17.5 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Dürrboden. Parking available (free of charge). The road to Dürrboden is paved all the way, but only one lane wide for the last 6-7 km.
Kartennummer:http://map.wanderland.ch/

Start of the hike at 08:15 in Dürrboden. The temperature was only about 3°C, so it was a rather chilly morning. I had planned to do this hike already two weeks earlier while we were in Davos on vacation, but the weather was not that great then.

From Dürrboden I followed the white-red-white marked trail to the Grialetsch hut (T2). From there I followed an unmarked trail in southerly and southeasterly direction until this trail ends at P.2669 (T2). Next, I hiked below Isla Persa through the rubble left by the glacier - in part it was quite a struggle (T3+). I wanted to ascend to Isla Persa on the way, but skipped it due to time constraints. For a distance of about 700 m, I crossed the lower section of the glacier using crampons (hence the mountaineering grading of the tour). It was however easily possible to bypass the glacier further down, like I did on my way back. For me it was more a practice using the crampons again.

From Fuorcla Sarsura, I ascended on the south ridge to the summit of Piz Sarsura Pitschen. In the upper part, the hiking difficulty is T4. At the summit there is a weather station. From a distance I thought it was a big cross though. The view from the summit was magnificent!

On the way back, I followed roughly the same route. Exceptions: I hiked and surfed down in the scree in the SW flank of Piz Sarsura Pitschen and I did not cross the glacier. Generally, I also stayed a bit lower on the way back to the Grialetsch hut to avoid the most difficult rocky grounds.

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks
- Crampons

Please see attached GPS track for more details.

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: English

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4-
8 Okt 18
Piz Sarsura Pitschen 3134 m · StefanP
T4-
7 Okt 18
Piz Sarsura Pitschen 3134 m · StefanP
ZS III
22 Aug 16
Chilbi am Vadret · Spez
T5- L
T4
T5- L
T4
23 Sep 18
Piz Sarsura Pitschen (3132) · cardamine

Kommentare (2)

Kommentar hinzufügen

trainman hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 8. August 2017 um 23:05
Very nice pictures from a wonderful landscape.

Roald hat gesagt: RE: Piz Sarsura Pitschen
Gesendet am 9. August 2017 um 19:52
Danke für das nette Kompliment! Ja, die Landschaft ist wunderschön, vor allem wenn das Wetter mitmacht!

Kommentar hinzufügen»