Bike & (snowshoe) hike from Savognin to Piz Mez (2718 m)

Publiziert von Roald , 27. Mai 2017 um 23:24.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberhalbstein
Tour Datum:26 Mai 2017
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Schneeshuhtouren Schwierigkeit: WT3 - Anspruchsvolle Schneeschuhwanderung
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 8:00
Aufstieg: 1700 m
Abstieg: 1700 m
Strecke:30 km
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Savognin. Parking at the ski lift valley station. Parking currently free of charge (chair lift not operating).

This tour was a great combination of mountain biking, hiking, and snowshoe hiking. It was also a tour going from summer to winter and back again!

I started off with my mountain bike in Savognin where the chairlift valley station is located. Going uphill, I partially biked, and partially walked the bike. Unfortunately, I took the wrong turns twice during the early part of the ascent, but the detours were minor after all.

Finally I reached Radons, and shortly after I left the bike behind and started my ascent to Piz Mez. I tried to stay off the snow as long as possible, but at about elevation 2350 m, I mounted the snowshoes.

The view from the summit of Piz Mez was magnificent. Especially the view to the nearby Piz Forbesch was very impressive!

During the descent, I did not mount the snowshoes, but instead I tried to surf on the snow as best I could. The gaiters were of course absolutely necessary. Somewhere down at 2150 m the snow surfing came to an end due to missing snow.

After I got back to my bike, it was a fast and easy ride back down to Savognin. I stayed on the paved road all the way past Parsonz and Riom, and therefore I had to bike back to Savognin along the river. But that took only 10 min extra.

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks
- Gaiters
- Alpine snowshoes

Total tour distance: 30 km, thereof:
Hiking and biking uphill: 13.5 km
Snowshoe hiking uphill: 1 km
Hiking downhill: 3 km
Biking downhill: 12.5 km

Please see attached GPS track for more details.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

WS-
WT3
14 Mär 10
Piz Mez 14.3.2010 · damiangoeldi.ch
ZS
19 Sep 15