Grütschalp - Rotstockhütte - Sefinafurgga - Griesalp

Publiziert von kc44b , 30. September 2012 um 17:13.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Bern » Jungfraugebiet
Tour Datum:16 Juni 2012
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3+ - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-BE 
Zeitbedarf: 7:00
Aufstieg: 1150 m
Abstieg: 1450 m
Strecke:Grütschalp - Rotstockhütte - Sefinafurgga - Griesalp
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Train to Interlaken-->Train to Lauterbrunnen-->Incline to Grütschalp
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Griesalp Post Bus to Reichenback in Kiental-->Train to Bern
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:I wanted a late-evening walk, so I brought a tent. Starting mid-afternoon, could reach Rotstockhütti for dinner and sleeping. Starting early AM, this could be done in a single day. 17 KM total distance.
Kartennummer:25000 - 1228 Lauterbrunnen, 1248 Mürren

In June, on a perfect weekend, solo, starting at about 20:00.  From Lauterbrunnen Zentrum, take the incline railway to Grütschalp.  One may take the small train there to Mürren and then begin the hike, but I took a more serene, more scenic, less-travelled, and less-steep route.  From Grütschalp, I took a trail that more-or-less paralleled the train, but at a higher level (The Mountainview Trail).  The trail gradually climbed from 1600M to 1950M over a span of about 2 hours.  The Eiger/Monch/Jungfrau trio was always available to see directly to my left.  The first "real" waypoint is at Allmendhubel (which is about 350 M directly above Mürren).  From here, you now gradually turn your back on the E/M/J as you stay above Mürren, go past Im Suppen and then pass Im Schilt.  At about 22:00, I pitched a tent facing back to the E/M/J.

Next morning I began hiking at 7:00 at 1950M.  First waypoint was Chlyni Nadla 2155M.  Crossing this ridge, one can see WSW the Rotstockhütte.  I was there at 8:15 in time for breakfast!  Breakfast over, I headed towards waypoint Hundshubel 2313M.  Turn around right here and look at the E/M/J.  Here they are, lined up in a compact perspective rarely seen--brilliant.  For the next 300M up until the Sefinafurgga Pass, you can simply peek over your left shoulder and have another look at the 3 peaks peeking at you.

In the middle of June, starting at 2400M, there was still significant snow under my feet and hardly a trail marker visible, but overall there was little trouble avoiding dangerous positions (staying high, avoiding snow packs above me, avoiding walking on snow with streams underneath).  Maybe you do the hike in early July if you are wanting less of an adventure.  One NOTE: The official trail just below the pass is in a ravine with steep slopes on both sides.  I avoided it because there would have been snow on both sides above me.  It means I had to stay to the north of the official trail (and higher than it) on the sunny side of the slope where almost all snow had melted.  If you also do this, you make your way to the ridge slightly above and to the north of the pass.  This ridge can easily be walked, but the last 20 meters down to the pass are to be taken with care as there is some exposure.

Immediately over the pass, there is a large, wooden, steep staircase with fixed cable handrail to bring you down about 50 meters underneath the ridge.  It is solid, easy, and safe.  And the trail from there stays snug to the ridge, which is directly above my head as I go down perhaps another 100M.  Past that, I make my way down one long ravine with a snow base for about 300M of Glissando-style-skiing.  For me, the descent to Griesalp is very long (1300M) and not nearly as interesting as the hike up to the pass--a long schlepp to Griesalp.  From Griesalp, however, you have the pleasure of the PostBus steepest route to take you to the train at Reichenbach in Kiental.

Tourengänger: kc44b

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»