Piz Val Lunga (3077 m) - bike & hike from Tinizong

Publiziert von Roald , 15. Juni 2018 um 22:49.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberhalbstein
Tour Datum:15 Juni 2018
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T5- - anspruchsvolles Alpinwandern
Hochtouren Schwierigkeit: L
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 10:15
Aufstieg: 1900 m
Abstieg: 1900 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (24 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Tinizong. Up the road "Crap la Falla" until elevation 1320 m, where there is designated parking area.
Kartennummer:https://map.wanderland.ch

Piz Val Lunga (3077 m) is a peak which requires quite a long ascent/descent when you start from Tinizong or Savognin.

Start of the hike just above the village of Tinizong at elevation 1320 m. I followed the alp road in direction Alp d'Err, mostly walking the bike. The road is paved up to Tgant Pensa. In Val d'Err I spotted quite a few marmots. At P.2026, I left the bike behind and continued on foot towards Lai Grond on the wrw marked trail. Before actually reaching Lai Grond, I headed up across the snowfields on the north side of P.2935.

For the final ascent to Piz Val Lunga, I had orginally planned to use the NW flank. But since I could not find any information about it beforehand, I went for the N flank instead. With the crampons mounted and the ice axe in my hand I headed up the snowfield which leads to the Piz Val Lunga east ridge about 100 meters east of the summit. Finally, after 5 hours 25 min of hiking I reached the summit of Piz Val Lunga. The summit book is 3 years old, but my entry was only number 10 since the book was placed there.

On the way back, I payed a visit to the unnamed peak P.2935. Further down I also passed by Lai Grond, which still has a lot of ice floating around.

Main difficulties:
Ascent in the Piz Val Lunga north flank, partially on steep snowfields (max 40°) and partially in the scree and rocks: Hike grading T5-, mountaineering grading L (E - Easy).

Equipment:
- Crampons
- Gaiters
- Hiking sticks
- Ice axe

Total tour distance: 24 km (on foot: 18 km, by bike downhill: 6 km)
Please attached GPS track for more details.

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Bike & Hike

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»