Stelli - snowshoe hike from St. Margrethenberg

Publiziert von Roald , 2. April 2018 um 21:47.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Calanda
Tour Datum: 2 April 2018
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Schneeshuhtouren Schwierigkeit: WT2 - Schneeschuhwanderung
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: Calanda   CH-GR   CH-SG 
Zeitbedarf: 6:30
Aufstieg: 900 m
Abstieg: 900 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (17 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to St. Margrethenberg. Parking near the ski lift (free of charge).
Kartennummer:https://map.wanderland.ch

In this snowshoe hike, I went from St. Margretenberg (Furggels) to Stelli and the same way back. At the start of the hike at 08:45 in the morning, the temperature was around freezing.

First I hiked along the road to Fürggli (3 km), and then I continued on the forest road to Alp Marola. There was already a good snowshoe track from yesterday, so I only put on my snowshoes after passing Alp Marola. Shortly after Alp Marola there is a little bit a tricky traverse to get to P.1614, but it worked out fine due to an existing track.

Next, I continued towards Alp Salaz, but the existing tracks went up towards Zweierspitz, so I had to make my own track. In the forest I was typically sinking in about 25 cm, so it was hard work!

Just before reaching Alp Salaz, I spotted a few skiers/snowboarders on their way down from Stelli. After Alp Salaz, I got onto an old snowshoe/ski track, which made it a lot easier to ascend.

At the summit of Stelli, there was a bit of wind, so I chose to have my lunch break a little bit further down behind some bushes.

For the descent, I followed essentially the same route. During the descent through the forest, it was almost like being in the rain - that's how much it was dripping from the trees. When I got back to car the temperature was +10°C.

Equipment:
- Alpine snowshoes
- Hiking sticks
- Gaiters (not used)

Remarks:
The avalanche risk was "3 - considerable".
It is perhaps worth mentioning that the area south-east of Chimmispitz is a designated wildlife protection area during the winter season, and access is restricted to staying on the forest road/hiking trail (http://www.wildruhezonen.ch/wr400.php).

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Schneeschuhtouren

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»