"Home sweet home"

Publiziert von 360 Pro , 2. November 2016 um 15:55. Text und Fotos von den Tourengängern

Region: Welt » Schweiz » St.Gallen
Tour Datum:17 Oktober 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T5 - anspruchsvolles Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: II (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-SG   Churfirsten 
Aufstieg: 900 m
Abstieg: 900 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:cff logo Starkenbach
'Kistenbahn'
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:cff logo Arvenbüel, Arven

During my stay in Switzerland, I couldn't resist to pay a visit to my beloved Churfisten - actually the mountains which are not considered Churfirsten: everything west of the 'Selun'. Omega3 was willing to accompany me on this tour which we originally planned as a repeat of *this one. Due to uncertain weather conditions we shortened it somewhat and skipped Wart and Schäären at the beginning.

After taking the 'Kistenbahn' up to Strichboden, we walk westwards along the 'Toggenburger Höhenweg'. Shortly before 'Hüberlis' we take the gravel road up to the hut west of 'Tisch'. From there we hike up to the saddle between 'Schäären' & 'Nägeliberg' and via east ridge to the summit cross of Nägeliberg. The weather is actually much nicer than expected, we even see the sun once in a while and with it (in connection with some boats on the lake) the well-known reflections on the 'Walensee'.

After a break we hike down the steep west side of 'Nägeliberg' to the 'Gocht', up to 'Vorder Leistchamm' and from there to the west side of 'Glattchamm'. We test the rope in the middle chute and up we climb. Hard to believe I scrambled up and down here *before there was a rope. Alpin_Rise's summit register is in good shape. The 'Glattchamm' gets about as little human visitors as 'Mittler Leistchamm' does, the majority hikrs!

After the 'Glattchamm' we pay a visit to Mittler Leistchamm via the easiest route (red) and make sure my summit register is ready for the winter. carpintero was the last visitor who wrote something in the log.

As our last peak for the day we visit the 'Hinter Leistchamm' via a slightly different route than I've done before. Right after the northern base of 'Mittler Leistchamm' we head south to the lowest point in the ridge between 'Mittler' and '(Hinter) Leistchamm' and from there follow the east ridge of Leistchamm to it's top (we bypass one difficult section north). For our way down to Arvenbüel we take the marked path via 'First' and 'Alp Looch' and get to the bus station right before the rain sets in.

Tourengänger: Omega3, 360

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentare (2)

Kommentar hinzufügen

silberhorn hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 2. November 2016 um 16:34
Sali 360

Jetzt konntest wieder mal Schwätze wie Dir der Schnabel gewachsen ist:-).

Liebe Gruess

maria

360 Pro hat gesagt: RE:
Gesendet am 2. November 2016 um 16:46
Eggsaggt so ischäs gsii! :-)
LG 360

Kommentar hinzufügen»