Piz Murtelet (3019 m) - bike & hike from Sertig

Publiziert von Roald , 9. August 2016 um 21:09.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Davos
Tour Datum: 8 August 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4+ - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 8:15
Aufstieg: 1500 m
Abstieg: 1150 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Sertig Sand.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel in Davos.

With this hike I wanted to explore the area around Sertig pass and try to reach the summit of Piz Murtelet (3019 m). The weather was perfect, and it was a really nice hike. The view from the summit was magnificent! I did not meet any other hikers on Piz Murtelet, but on the marked trails there were quite a few others who enjoyed the scenery.

I started out in Sertig Sand, and brought my mountain bike along. Actually I mostly walked the bike and I did not bike much uphill. I left the bike at Grüensee where the road ends. From there on I continued up on the marked trail towards Sertig pass, and after the pass I descended to Lai da Ravais-ch Sur.

From the lake Lai da Ravais-ch Sur, I ascended through scree and rocky sections in southerly direction up towards Piz Murtelet. I also crossed a snowfield, and finally made it up to the east ridge at about elevation 2930 m. The rocky section of the ridge starts at elevation 2940 m and goes till the summit. The ridge is basically piled up with rocks and boulders, but they were mostly stable, provided good grips, and were quite easy to climb over. I stayed mostly on the ridge or slightly to the left and this way it was rarely exposed. Before the last steep section you have to climb down a few meters, but that is also not too difficult. The last section is rather steep, but short.

The view from the summit was fantastic, and I took quite a few pictures (see attached). I did not find a summit book on top, so I guess there was none.

During the descent I generally followed the same route as during the ascent.

Route: see attached GPS track or mini map below for details.

Difficulties:
Sertig Sand - Grüensee: T1
Grüensee - Sertigpass - Lai da Ravais-ch Sur: T2
Lai da Ravais-ch Sur - east ridge at elevation 2930 m: T3 - T4
Rocky ridge: T4 (the last and steepest section may be considered T4+)

Equipment: retractable hiking sticks (mainly used during the descent in easier terrain).

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»