Bocktenhorn (3043 m) - via the west ridge

Publiziert von Roald , 16. August 2018 um 22:27.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Davos
Tour Datum:16 August 2018
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T5 - anspruchsvolles Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 7:15
Aufstieg: 1200 m
Abstieg: 1200 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (13.5 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Sertig Sand (parking fee 1 Fr. per hour, max 10 hours).
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Bünda in Davos.
Kartennummer:https://map.wanderland.ch/?lang=de&bgLayer=pk&season=summer&resolution=1.5&E=2787792&N=1175419

Bocktenhorn (3043 m) is a mountain peak between Chüealptal and Dürrboden. It can be accessed from Sertig or Dürrboden. Either way, the usual route is going up on the south ridge, starting from P.2848 between Bocktenhorn and Leidhorn.

I wanted to try how it is to hike to Bocktenhorn via the west ridge. The start of the hike was in Sertig, and I brought my mountain bike along, partially biking and walking the bike up to the lake Grünsee. From there, I headed up in northerly direction towards the lower end of the Bocktenhorn west ridge. I traversed a grassy area between elevation 2500 m and 2600 m (T3+). Between elevation 2600 m and 2750 m, it becomes very steep and much more difficult (T5, I). The terrain is a mix of grass and rocks. After that, it is relatively easy to follow the ridge towards P.3019 (hiking T3-T4, occasionally climbing I). Then, finally comes the usual short descent just below P.3019 and the traverse through the scree to the summit (T4).

The view from the summit of Bocktenhorn was absolutely fantastic, even if some clouds had meanwhile moved in.

For the descent, I first hiked back on the west ridge the same way where I came. Just before P.2858, I headed down the north flank to surf in the scree (T4). This allowed for a quick and easy descent down to about elevation 2550 m. It actually took me only 15 min to descend from 2850 m to 2550 m. After that I headed back to Grünsee to get my bike, and then ride down to Sertig again.

All in all a very exciting tour where I could explore a new route to Bocktenhorn!

I refer to the attached GPS track for more details on the route.
The total time indicated for this hike includes about an hour lunch break at the summit.

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks
- Ice axe

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»